055. Promises

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

 GEMINI SEARCHED FRANTICALLY around the room for her necklace. She couldn't find it anywhere. She knew she'd placed it on her bedside table the night before and she'd woken up to it not being there. She was practically pulling at her hair when she was unable to find it.

She tried avoiding to wake Bucky, which failed miserably as he shot awake to the feeling of an empty bed. He looked to her, sighing. Running a hand through his hair he rested his head on his arm.

"What's wrong doll?" He asked her, raising his eyebrows to her.

She ran her hand through her hair again, sitting at the end of the bed. "I can't find my necklace." She replied. "I swear I put it there last night and now it's gone."

His eyebrows knitted together as he sat up. "Hey." He placed his hand on the lower part of her back. "It's okay, we can ask the others if they've seen it anywhere." She sighed nodding in agreement. "You're a bit emotional today, aren't you?" He asked her innocently.

She nodded again, apologising. "Don't apologise. It's important to you." He leaned over, kissing the side of her head. 

"Thank you." She told him suddenly.

"For what?" He inquired, tilting his head in confusion like a puppy.

"For not leaving through all this." She explained. "I know I'm a handful."

Bucky fell back, sighing. "You don't have to thank me Gem. And you're not a handful, no matter what anyone has said to you." He replied, holding his hand out for. "I would help you no matter the price. Wanna know why?" He asked her, earning a nod. "Because I love you and you've helped me through my struggles."

She smiled at him, scratching at her nose. "I love you too." He smiled back, sitting back up, kissing her quickly. Kissing her forehead, he unravelled himself from the covers going to get dressed. 

Gemini left the room just before him, venturing into the kitchen and leaning at the breakfast bar. She whistled for everyone's attention. "Just wondering, does anyone know where my necklace is?" She asked.

"Which one?" Pietro asked stupidly. 

Narrowing her eyes and scrunching her eyebrows together. "I only wear one, dipshit." She pointed out as Wanda hit her twin over the head. 

"It's just a necklace, right?" Rhodey questioned. Gemini shook her head.

"It's important." She clarified. Tony agreed, apologising that he didn't know of its whereabouts. 

"What's so important about this specific necklace?" Sam asked her carefully.

She shrugged it off. "It's just important to me."