(2)

Fun fact for you all this pic was the inspiration for this story :))
.
.
.
.

Kenma's POV

I woke up that Saturday around 9 in the morning which was extremely early for me. However, because it was a weekend the rink opened in the morning rather than the afternoon. This meant that my weekend plans of sleeping in wasn't really an option, not with all the noise my aunt and uncle were making. They managed the rink which we lived conveniently next to, and as the mangers they had to be up early to open for the day.

"Kenma are you up?" My aunt, Miko, popped her head into my cramped room. "Oh good you're up." She slide open my bedroom door letting the hallway light flood my dark space. I groaned and sat up rubbing my eyes. "We're going to open the rink but we left you money on the counter for breakfast, I don't think we have anything here." She laughed and smiled at me softly. I smiled back and nodded my head, with that she left the room closing the door behind her. This was our usual weekend morning routine, since they both had to go to work Miko didn't have time to cook breakfast. I didn't mind though I understood she was busy, plus she's very nice to me so it'd be hard to be mad at her.

"Kenma!" My uncle, Umi, shouted from downstairs.

"What?" I called back.

"I left the keys to the second rink on the counter by the money! Stop by whenever!"

"Ok!" With that I heard the front door shut and finally the house was silent once again. I decided that if I was awake I might as well get up. I slowly dragged my feet out of my small bedroom, which was actually intended to be a large storage closet, and made my way to the kitchen. We actually lived in a one bedroom apartment, since my moving in was a little out of the blue, but I didn't mind anything was better then before.

Surely enough when I walked into the kitchen there was money and keys on the counter. I took the cash and figured I'd walk to a cafe or something nearby. I was already in black sweatpants and a t-shirt so I threw on a jacket and shoes before heading out.

The walk was brisk but the bitter morning cold made it seem much longer. The weather was only getting colder, at this point it might become too cold to even snow. Which is a shame since I kind of enjoyed the snowy weather. The second I walked into the quiet cafe by my house I immediately regretted it. Why? Well...

"Kozume?" This is why. I sighed and turned to see the guy from the ice rink yesterday sitting at one of the tables by the door. "Hey I didn't know you lived around here." I mean this was right by the rink I was at last night so is it really all that surprising. I decided it was best to just ignore him and walk towards one of the tables in the back. So that's what I did. However, he didn't get the hint that I didn't want to talk. Instead he walked over and sat across from me. "I was kinda hoping we'd run into each other again."

"Why?" What kind of weirdo would want to run into a person that they'd only spoke to once. I mean it isn't like I made a big impression, right? I try my best not to, to be easily forgettable, had I done anything momentous?

"Huh? I don't know you just seemed interesting." I just seemed interesting? What's wrong with this guy.

"Why?" I was repeating myself a bit but at this point I was genuinely confused. I didn't think I was that interesting of a person.

"I mean you were just skating by yourself in a big room, plus you were really good. Do you compete or something?" Was he actually trying to get to know me, I don't get his angle. What could he possible get out of being my friend?

"No." I responded blankly hoping he'd get the message from my short, cold replies.

"Why not I mean you're really good." I sighed realizing this guy wasn't going to leave me alone.

"I couldn't do that."

"Why not?"

"I just can't, why do you care anyways?" I was sounding more rude then I usually do but I just really wanted him to leave. I was still tired and now I was hungry too.

"Just trying to get to know you a bit isn't this what you do when making new friends." He laughed as I stared at him emotionlessly.

"Who said we were friends?"

"Yikes that's cold Kozume. I consider us friends, don't you?"

"No." Again he laughed but I wasn't joking. I mean we talked twice now, that doesn't really make us friends. Suddenly his phone went off and he looked down at it and seemed slightly worried.

"I gotta go but we'll talk later, k?" Then he left without another word. I wasn't sure how he planned to talk to me later but it's not like I cared anyways. I prefer to be alone, it's easier that way.

I only got a small meal from the cafe, I didn't like spending money especially if it wasn't mine. I figured I could spend the day playing games at home and go skate at night, since less people would be there.

So for the rest of the day I was wrapped up in a blanket burrito playing video games on my Switch in my dark room. Paradise. No one bothering me, just me, my games, and my blankets. However, as 5 pm began to roll around I figured now would be a better time than any to start practice. I changed into my skating clothes, grabbed my skates and a small snack, then headed out the door to the rinks. I used to back entrance to avoid the crowd that was most certainly there. Strange it's unlocked. Umm probably unlocked it for me when he got here this morning.

"I figured you'd be here." I looked up to see Kuroo sitting in the same seat he was in yesterday night.

"Why are you stalking me?"

"Stalking you! Whaaa! Kozume I'm offended!" He put his hand over his chest and looked at me with a shocked expression. Could he be any more over dramatic. I rolled my eyes and took a seat in the row farthest from him, towards the front of the rink. I pulled out my snack and began to eat, seeing as I hadn't eaten since the cafe this morning. However, for some reason he took this as an invitation to come and sit next to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he took the seat right next to me. Not even leaving a seat in between us, isn't that common curtesy?

"Sitting next to a friend of course." He smiled widely but I just scoffed at him before going back to my food.

"It's funny that you like to ice skate y'know."

"Umm why?"

"Because you're just as cold." He laughed at his own joke but I didn't really find it all that funny. I mean yeah I am kind of a cold person but I just want to be alone. If anything it was his fault for not respecting my wish.

"Whatever." Once I finished my snack I began to lace up my skates, making sure they were tight enough.

"Wow you tie those tight." Kuroo commented peaking over to watch my tie the other one.

"You're suppose too." I left it at that and finished tying the other one. I looked over at him and saw he was still staring at me. "Are you staying or...?"

"Obviously." He still had that stupid toothy grin, it's like he doesn't even remember what I said yesterday.

"I don't want to skate with an audience."

"Why is that?" Was he stupid or just plain dumb. Does it matter?

"I just don't."

"Oh come on you have to have a reason." Was he going to bug me all day about this. I just wanted to skate but I defiantly can't if he's planning on staying.

"It doesn't matter can you just go so I can practice please." Usually I wouldn't have added the please but I didn't feel like being a total asshole right now. He sighed but kept his smile plastered on his face.

"Yeah I'll leave you to your skating. I'll see you later though!" With that he waved and left me alone in the rink. Finally, I thought I'd never get rid of him. I'm not use to having someone around pestering me, it's a strange change of pace. Defiantly a bad one.

.
.
.
.
(1470 words)