022 | bad luck bunch

╔═════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

'𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐛𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡' ══════════╝

 ━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

"𝐒𝐎 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃?"

"I can show you the x-ray again if you want. I don't make these things up."

Lyra squinted against the fluorescent lights of the medical wing. "And there's nothing that can be done about it?"

Micah set the holopad down with a frustrated sigh. "Listen, Lyra, I'm not a miracle worker. I'm just telling you the facts, and the facts are that Aliyah Teron is not getting cleared to fly anytime soon. Your squadron isn't even on the flight schedule for the next 48-hours, I don't know why you're so concerned."

Lyra kept her breathing steady. Since the mission was in relation to Lor San Tekka and Luke Skywalker, it was being kept silent. The only people who knew were the ones scheduled to leave at the end of the day, a mere six hours from now.

Mich went back to check on Aliyah, and Lyra flopped down on one of the chairs in the waiting room. Eden sat next to her, chin balanced on her fist.

"Tell me again, what happened?" Lyra asked Eden, glancing over at the girl with tired eyes.

Eden chewed at her thumbnail, barely looking over at where Lyra sat next to her. "Aliyah said she couldn't reach something off of one of the shelves in the hangar space, so instead of going to get a step ladder, we stacked a box on top of that wheeled tool cart."

In any other case, Lyra would have laughed. Considering her squadron was down a person, it was hard to find anything about it funny. "I feel like that's a very Georgie-and-Ellis-esque move to pull, especially for her."

Eden gave a small smile at this. "Yeah, well, we all have our days."

Lyra shifted in her chair, turning enough that the armrest poked into her back. She crossed her right leg over her left to keep them from tapping incessantly on the floor. "So it scooted out from under her, she fell, and fractured her leg?" Lyra finished, still unable to believe it.

"Yup," Eden sighed, brushing a strand of slightly-frizzy dark hair behind her ear. Her cheeks were pink with the heat of her worry. "What are we going to do?"