Part 14

"Okay, okay, I'm here." Natasha shouted into Maggie's apartment, busting into the door, lugging bags of clothing options and makeup. "Let's get to work."

As soon as James had hung up the phone earlier, Maggie had let out an excited squeal and instantly called Natasha telling her she desperately needed some help getting ready. She figured she would be sent off looking absolutely stunning, if she had an extra pair of skilled hands.

It was going to be her first real date in a while— the first one she genuinely wanted to be going on at least. Butterflies filled her stomach, making it twist with anxiety. Sure, she had been around James many times before, but this was different. This was real.

Natasha stood blending out the champagne eyeshadow over Maggie's lids, as she sat propped up on the bathroom counter. After drawing a clean-cut black liner over top and popping on a pair of lashes, she spun her around to look in the mirror. Maggie's brows twisted in shock of how glamorous she looked. She had never been one to wear much makeup, so it came as a surprise that her eyes could look so striking. "Good, huh?" Natasha smiled at her through the mirror.

After scrunching some curl defining mousse into her hair, they walked to the bedroom to go over outfit options. Once they settled on the perfect dress, Natasha pulled out a large white gift box, with a big golden bow smacked on the top. Maggie tried to protest, but of course ended up being talked into accepting the gift after a few jabs were hurled her way.

Pulling open the lid to reveal a lingerie set perfectly folded into place. Soft ivory lace, covered in pale pink and blue floral embroidery; mint bows sat on the hips of the panties while one sat dead center between the cups of the bra. Playfully frilly trim lined the edges of each of the pieces.

"Nat, are you kidding?" Maggie held up the Agent Provocateur tag, with the price sitting on display.

Natasha let out an irritated huff and ripped it from her hand. "God, I told the girl to take off the tags before she wrapped it." She ripped the paper into pieces, holding the shreds in her fist. "Don't worry about it. Seriously. I want you to feel confident tonight."

Maggie let a smile slip while rolling her eyes. "Thank you, Nat. You're the best."

"Yeah, I know."

Before Natasha left for the night, she threatened Maggie with death if James ruined her makeup before they made it to dinner, but part of her kinda wanted that to happen if she was being honest. Once Maggie was alone, she slipped on the dress with the new lingerie set underneath. She strapped the heels to her feet and touched up her lipstick, ready for the night.

Just as she scooped up her small purse, yet another thing she was borrowing from Natasha, there was a knock at her door. Looking over at the clock reading eight o'clock on the dot. Jeez, this guy was prompt.

Striding over to her door, she gently pulled it open to greet her date. James stood on her welcome mat looking as debonaire as always. Clean, tailored Armani suit in his favorite color— black. Italian leather shoes clean and shiny, rooting him at his spot before the most breathtaking thing he'd seen in years.

Maggie was thoroughly dolled up for him. Her makeup was flawless, light washes of color enhancing her already stunning features. She wore a satin, rose colored dress. The shiny fabric folded over in ruching, making it clear just how gorgeous her curves were. Long dark curls draped over the delicate skin of her shoulders, falling all the way down to her tiny waist. Blue eyes wandering lower to her strappy, shimmery champagne Jimmy Choos.

Slowly raking back up over her body, James was met with the sweetest smile. "Wow, doll. You look beautiful."

"Thank you so much." She cooed, lovingly. "I had a bit of help from Natasha, if I'm being honest."