𝟬𝟭𝟲. a second time

Ღ chapter sixteen( a second time )

chapter sixteen
( a second time )

JULIET LAY WIDE awake that night, staring at the royal blue canopies that surrounded her, and the golden constellations stitched into the the panel that was draped above her. She was glad for once she'd paid attention in Astronomy, the Black family had a history of being named for celestial beings. Juliet Black sounded rather nice. She was a tiny little moon orbiting Uranus, and her father was the dog star. Maybe as an adult, when she could care less, she would revert back to the name that belonged to the once great House of Black.

The family tree was peculiar. Draco Malfoy and Calliope Rosier were apparently related to her, Draco being her second cousin, and Calliope something much further.

She was disturbed from her thoughts as hurried footsteps rushed through the dorm and yanked open her curtains. She squealed, startled, before realizing that it was simply Professor Lupin. "Quick, come with me," the Professor sighed. "You poor girl."

"Professor Lupin, it's midnight- besides, this is the girls dormitory!"

"Professor Dumbledore asked me to fetch you. There's been a disturbance," Lupin said, not caring to elaborate. "You need to come with me."

She nodded, throwing a jumper over her pajamas and sliding on her slippers. "Is it something with my mum? My dad?" she questioned, following him out of the tower. He waited until they were alone in the hallway to answer.

"It seems that your father broke into Gryffindor tower, and there are fears that he was going to do the same to see you," he replied softly. "Now Professor Dumbledore wants a teacher with you until the castle is searched. You can sleep here if you'd like," he added, as he directed her into it's office.

Jules chuckled. "I don't think I can sleep after what you just told me."

"Ahh. I thought so. Would you like some tea?" he questioned, as he directed her to sit down on a worn looking couch. They were pouring tea when the door swung open, hitting the wall loudly. Lupin didn't even jump.

"We're still searching the castle," Snape stated, setting a goblet of smoking liquid on Lupin's desk.

Lupin nodded at him. "Thank you Severus. Is that all?"

The professor nodded curtly, exiting the room rather dramatically, cloak flaring behind him. Jules sipped at her tea, as he downed the potion, wrinkling his nose.

He left to go grab them some snacks, yet when he returned, she was sound asleep on the couch, tea abandoned on the coffee table. Remus smiled softly and conjured a blanket to drape over his goddaughter, before settling into his desk and beginning to work on the papers he had began grading.

Sirius Black had escaped yet again, to Jules' chagrin. All she desired at this point, was a normal life. She'd been politely woken up by Lupin in the morning, and he'd treated her to some breakfast, before sending her off to her first class, Herbology.