47 - Clingy

Neville and Hannah's wedding was the day after Harry and Ginny's and Seamus and Dean's wedding would be this weekend. 

Hermione was finally calm since her wedding planning had concluded and she could focus more on her school work and her fiancé. He had planned another date for the pair for the weekend. 

He really seemed to love going on dates. It was cute. 

Luna and Hermione were currently sitting at the table in the great hall discussing their fiancé's who were both sitting and talking quietly at the Slytherin table. 

"Draco has gotten so clingy lately. Honestly, I don't mind it, I just think it's weird coming from him. He always kept his emotions locked up tight." Hermione tells Luna

"Blaise is the same way. I mean, we are engaged to the boys, so that could always be a cause. I quite enjoy Blaise and his obsession with me though. He freaked out last night...apparently he had a dream that we weren't getting married and the law was never put into place. He was really disturbed when he woke up. I think this whole thing has really changed them."

They sat there in silence for a while pondering the thought of what Blaise dreamt last night. 

Hermione would have probably ended up marrying Ron and never speaking or getting to know Draco like she does now. She wondered what Draco's life would be like.

Would he get married? Would he still be painted as a death-eater and not redeemed? Would he change like he did for her?

Thinking this over, Hermione forgets all about what she was doing and starts daydreaming about what it would have been like. 

Quickly realizing she didn't like that reality, she shifts her focus onto what their current futures will look like and she really begins to like what she sees. 

At this point she has been staring into space for nearly ten minutes - her eyes landing on the Slytherin table - causing Draco to walk over to the Gryffindor table, wondering why she was staring at him so deeply. 

Luna had wandered off since Hermione had stopped talking and she was alone, causing Draco to sit down across from her, waving his hand in front of her face. 

"Hermione? What's up?" He asks curiously

Shaking out of her daydream, she stand up and runs around to Draco before pulling him out of the Great Hall and running down the hallways and pulling him outside and to the bank of the lake where nobody was. 

Once they stopped and both of them caught their breath, Draco softly asked what all of this was about. 

Hermione then sits down onto the ground and goes into a quick explanation of everything. 

"I just began thinking about what life could have been like had the law not been enacted. We wouldn't know each other for who we really are, I would still be with Ron, I wouldn't even be thinking about marriage. I wouldn't be engaged. I wouldn't have a wedding dress. I wouldn't be in love with you...it just really scared me. Then I started thinking about our future together...and I just got really happy. You make me so utterly happy and I can't even explain it myself. And, it's so weird because I used to hate you, and now imagining a life where you aren't mine...it just hurts. You've been so lovely the past few weeks, setting up dates, spending time with me...and I haven't been doing half of the things you are. 

"Then I think about how deeply in love I am with you and look at my actions and yours, and it's so obvious to me that even though I am so in love with you, I don't show it enough. You work so hard to show me that you love me and I don't do anything. I'm sorry I haven't shown you. I'm so in love with you and you probably don't even know it." Hermione says sadly, tears escaping her eyes as she slowly starts crying into her knees. 

"What started all of this? It's total rubbish." He says, sitting down beside her.

Slowly, she looked up at him with her red face and questioning eyes.

"I may not be as smart as you, but I'm not blind. Hermione, I know you love me. I do. You show me, just in different ways. Salazar, you planned our entire wedding. You asked my opinion on things, you randomly hold my hand or sneak kisses...In the morning when you don't think I'm awake, you just stare at me...waiting for me to wake up. You'll steal glances at me during class or in the Great Hall. I see much more than you think I do. You may not think you show it, but you do. I'm just much more aware of it." He tells her

Smiling, she leans her head on his shoulder and whispers a quiet 'I love you"

After a while, Hermione and Draco stood from their place at the lake and went straight back to their room and just spent time with each other. They weren't specifically doing anything, just spending time in each others presence. 

It was nice. 

\\~//

 The next week they spent the majority of their free time in each others presence, just soaking up each other and getting ready for that lovely honeymoon faze they would soon have.

Everyone seemed to be keeping to themselves and their significant others this week - perhaps it was because the first weddings had just commenced and they saw how happy Ginny and Harry were and started the honeymoon phase early - or perhaps it was because Easter holiday was coming up in just two weeks and many wouldn't see each other until their weddings. 

A lot of weddings would be happening during the two week break which meant the following week would be a bit strange also. 

Both Draco and Hermione had decided to stay at Hogwarts for the holiday, not wanting to leave their favorite place in the world - even though Draco didn't want to admit it, plus they were Head Boy and Head Girl. 

They would, however take the day off on the third of April to attend Blaise and Lunas wedding, which was originally taking place at the Black Lake but had been moved to Blaise's home in favor of his stubborn mother. 

The year had begun to wind to a close and Hermione found this incredibly bittersweet; Hogwarts was her second home and she couldn't imagine never returning. It scared her a bit that she would soon never return to the place she had called home for so many years. 

It wasn't moving into the real world that scared her - she had enough of the 'real world' to last her three lifetimes, it wasn't the loss of her children that went with leaving Hogwarts - she had also lost that years ago when the second war truly began. It was that she was afraid of leaving such a magical place and all of the friends she had made over the years. 

What if when she left Hogwarts, she wakes up and realizes it was all just a dream? A wonderful, perfect, magical dream? 

That thought hurt and scared her most of all. 

\\~//

okay okay...

i know....

But I'm REALLY back this time!

really!

sorry that I'm posting this so late, I just really wanted to get it out today instead of tomorrow!

Hope you're having a great November!

Lots of Love, 

Shelby xx

Let me know who you'd like me to focus on more!

(na I didn't feel like editing...oops. Let me know if there are error I need to fix)