43: Goodbye

The confetti was flying in the air, red roses were being distributed as a sign of victory

The confetti was flying in the air, red roses were being distributed as a sign of victory. The sky had never looked more pink and Eastwood had never looked more cheerful.

We had won. They had won. They had fought the war for us. They had won the war for us.

I hugged Derek and he hugged me then, went to the others. Ridge hugged Derek as Carson was hugging Zane. Then Derek moved to hug Carson and Ridge came to me for the hug. He hugged me tight and I closed my eyes shut as I hugged him back.

Ridge tore apart from me when Carson approached and we hugged each other. Ridge left to meet the others and I patted Carson on his back.

"You did it. Congratulations!" I said.

"Congratulations to you too! We all won." Carson said and then my eyes fell on Chloe, who was standing a few steps behind Carson with Amber.

She looked disheveled and uncollected, but she was hugging others to celebrate our victory.

Carson was dragged away by Blaze from in between and now Chloe and me stood right in front of each other.

Carson moved towards Ridge and Derek and the three of them indulged in a group hug as Blaze stood next to them and clapped.

I saw all three of them tearing up and smiling through it while hugging.

I looked back at Chloe and her blood red eyes turned to me at the same time. The smile on her face falters. Her cheeks turned crimson in a second and she looks down at the ground.

I couldn't stand the sight of her looking so disheartened, so I took a step towards her. She notices it too and takes a few step towards me.

We meet in the middle and she doesn't even look up at me.

"How are you?" I asked her.

She takes my hand in hers gently then drags me away from the crowd. We now stood at the verge of the crowd where hearing each other speak was easier.

"I'm sorry, Ashley." She finally said looking up at me.

"I've forgiven you a long time ago. It's you, I'm worried about. How are you?" I asked, concerned.

"As fine as I can be. What is fine really?" She says.

"Chloe, you'll get over it. Don't worry. This too shall pass," I said, keeping my hands on her shoulders.

"Is he going to forgive me? Dom?" She asked me, hopefully.

"I-I don't think so," I hesitated but admitted it after a few seconds. I didn't want to give her false hopes. It will only break her more in the future.

"I thought so," she gave me a pained smile, "Thanks for telling me the truth, though. I needed to hear it from someone else. Because it's the last strand of hope that's the deadliest. It had to die." Chloe shrugs, truthfully.