|Seventy|

Violet stood before me as a shield as we stared at the snarling group of men before us. All ten glowing pair of eyes was on us, watching us like a hawk, taking note of our every move.

I took a step back unknowing which made one of them tsk at me. 'Don't even think about running off, sweetheart.'

'Wow, I feel so good for some reason after I injected myself with that serum.' One of them at the back suddenly spoke up as he stared down at his own hands, clenching and unclenching it. 'Our Lord is amazing. How did he even manage to find out about-' His rambling was cut off by a low growl from the man standing beside him.

'Oops.' The man chuckled unfazed by the heated stare he was receiving from his group. 'I tend to speak too much when I am excited. Excuse me for my rudeness.' He seemed to be enjoying the situation he was in. He seemed to be high on something as per his words and actions. 'Who knew lurking around this side of the border will lead the treat to us.' He went out without a single care about any of us. 'We have to thank Leo for that; he let us know where the target was headed before he was killed.' He paused then sighed, not a hint of sadness in his tone as he whispered, 'Rest in peace, Leo or in pieces.' He cackled at his own joke and turned to the men standing next to him. Did you get it, pieces...' He tried to explain but the man looked uninterested.

If the situation wasn't threatening then their conversation would have sounded like normal friends discussing about mundane topics but their deadly stare on us were anything but normal. Their murderous intent was obvious.

Violet looked at me once and gave me a nod signalling me to be ready for what was about to happen. The men slowly form a circle around us caging us in to not let any of us escaped.

'Oh, I think she's pregnant.' The same hyper man spoke up after he got over his own twisted joke that no one laughed at. He had his finger pointed towards my stomach. 'But doesn't she fit the description of the woman we were ordered to kill?' He sounded confused as he turned to the man next to him.

My blood ran cold at his words. So they indeed had the order to kill me which means Roman had no use of me now but what about the baby. Was it his intention to kill the baby too?

'Shut the fuck up, Mark.' The man next to him growled.

'Hey! I wasn't aware the person we were supposed to kill was bearing a child. That's just wrong.' The man named Mark threw his hands in the air as if he couldn't believe his eyes. 'If I had known then I would have charged double for double heads.' His smile turned dark as his eyes lay on my stomach which caused an icy chill to run down my spine. I shielded my stomach with my arms protectively.

'We don't have an order to harm the child.' One of them spoke up. 'The Lord wants her dead but in one piece. Get that in your thick head, Mark.'

'What about the other one?' One of them asked pointing at Violet rather rudely.

'We couldn't care less about her.' The guy that growled at Mark before answered. 'Do as you all please with her.'

'Okay. So we can do anything we wish to with her.' Mark spoke up again as he pointed at Violet then he dragged it towards me. 'We can kill her but have to be careful as not to harm the child because our Lord has some plans which involved the child.' He nodded as if he understood the situation.

They were openly discussing about their plans in front of us as if they couldn't care less about us or feel a tad bit threaten because they were confident they will finish us off easily. Though I didn't want to admit, I had my own doubts on getting out of their clutches alive or unharmed because they were larger in number and like the guy Mark had mentioned about a dubious serum they have injected themselves with, I wasn't sure what that will do but probably won't be in our favour.