Interlude: Days Of Tranquil

You woke up after three days, very tired and in excruciating pain due to the injury on your left shoulder, luckily Aoi was arriving to check on the condition of the injured within the hospital ward.
She then got surprised by seeing you here, struggling to even get your breath under control. "Do you mind bringing a pain killer?" You simply asked while dying inside since the injury itself felt like many needles stabbing into your flesh non stop, weirdly enough at the same time it made you feel numb.

Aoi came back running with the painkillers which you quickly drank up. Unlucky for you, the same way your body is resistant to poison, it's also resistant to drugs. So the painkillers didn't really help and you were now in a state of constant pain. At least Oyakata-Sama let you rest up so you could get better before leaving to another mission, so that was a win itself.

While Aoi was in the hospital ward you struck conversation with her, telling her about the mission you had just come from.
"To be honest I felt really happy being in the village with those woodcutters, it made me feel like I was home" you were laying flat on your chest so the injury wouldn't sting as much as before.
"I understand how you feel, but I'm glad you helped those people out" She said now walking towards you with an ointment that she was going to apply on your injury.

"...What's that?" You asked nervously seeing her grab a good amount of it on her fingers. "Please don't move, (Y/n)-kun". You wish you would have done so, you could feel how your skin and the injury were absorbing the ointment and it really burnt as if a whole colony of ants were inserted one by one onto your skin
"Don't wine, you know well you've gone through worse! Besides, Shinobu-sama told me to apply this on you once you woke up" She said teasing you as you were groaning in pain.

"... Do you know when my new uniform will arrive?" You asked out of curiosity since the last one got ripped to shreds by the Demons bite.
"Scum glasses said that it would be sent within a fortnight", At least you knew you had 14 days to get better and train some more so something like this won't happen again. 'Why scum glasses?' you thought to yourself trying not to laugh. You'd have to ask later on

You tried to stand up before Aoi carefully pushed you back to the bed. "Shinobu-sama also said that you shouldn't move since you left to Oyakata-Sama's mansion and didn't rest properly. The stitches could rip and the injury open again".
This reminded you of the time that you were with Shinobu in the mountains after she had found you devastated with your loss and injuries.

"I know I need to rest but I'm sure i can at least help out around the house, right?", you tried to slowly stand up again but your exhaustion and pain were too much to bare. "By the way, where is Shinobu?" you asked groaning, it was weird since she usually scolds you for coming back injured, but this time she was nowhere to be seen.
"She has been locked up in her lab since you arrived, she's been working, she specifically told us not to worry about her, all i know is that she leaves the lab during the night and goes back in during the day"

You were wondering if it was okay to go check on her, but she is a Hashira, so it's normal for her to be this busy, and now that you remember, there's been times where you haven't seen her in weeks due to her constant work. You could only wonder what she was working on that she had to put her total concentration on.

Once Aoi left the room you managed to stand up, but it was too hard. You were thinking as to why you could stand as if nothing happened some days ago, but you remembered that it was most likely due to the adrenaline rush.
You were walking while holding yourself against the wall giving your maximum effort to walk but it truly was tiring for you. You managed to arrive to your designated room where you put on your clothes while carefully avoiding the injury at all costs.

Once you put it on you kept on walking this time towards the second floor, where the lab was. You were worried that Shinobu could be working herself to death, so you'd rather stop her from doing so. You were also curious as to what she was working on, mostly because of what Aoi mentioned. When you were on the first steps towards the second floor Kiyo stopped you. "Um, (Y/n)-san.. Shinobu-sama told us not to bother her while she was working" She said kind of nervous, mostly for you. "It's alright I just want to check on her" You gently smiled at the young girl while you kept on walking up, she just smiled back and went her merry way.