1.

She was in her own little world reading her favourite book. She would read it over and over again and no matter how many times she read, she would never get herself to grow tired of it.

Hours went by and she was completely unaware of it. She was seated at the corner of the room. Her table was small and comfortable, fitted for one person.
When she entered the library, she spotted this little space and thought it suited to her taste perfectly. She never liked a noisy environment and the silence in the library brought her peace. It was soothing and calm she thought.

However, the whispers around her brought her back to reality.

As she looked up, she saw unfamiliar gazes on her. She felt a cold chilly vibe in the air all of a sudden under their negative scrutiny.

She whimpered and wished she could bury herself deep into the ground. She definitely did not like this. She hated being put in the spotlight.

She jumped out of her reverie when she heard something beeping, it was her phone. This is weird she thought. She definitely did switch off her phone before she entered the library.
No wonder the people were disturbed, hence their judgemental looks.

Strange noises started coming from the reception then.
It looked like a party of goons were causing havoc in the next room. Books were being pushed off the shelves ruthlessly while some being torn and damaged in the process. It looked like they were looking for trouble or rather someone.

They stepped into the other room damaging the properties as they went in.

Upon entering, one of the goons pointed out to his lord,
"There she is."

Everybody's attention was on them now especially at their so-called lord. The guys in the room were in awe at the sight before them while the girls were drooling over him.

This so-called lord had a very mysterious air around him which made one shiver. But he was beautiful to look at. He had a very defined feature, his eyes like those of a feline cat were green in colour which made it even more unique, his jaw line sharp as a razor blade and his nose as perfect as it could be. It seemed as if it was carved out by the best sculptor in the world.

This crazy pair of eyes could trap any soul it wanted. It was difficult to avert one's gaze upon locking eyes with him. His presence itself illuminated the entire room.

He strode his way to her table majestically.

"Theo" she whispered.

He heaved a heavy sigh before saying "Winter...don't leave without my permission next time" as he gazed down at her.

One of the goons then dragged a chair beside her for his lord to sit down.

"Winter?"
"Don't pull this kind of act again, do you know how worried I was?"
"I nearly tore down the entire stre....." he paused seeing his actions were starting to frighten her.

Indeed it was true that he was mad furious when he saw that she was missing. He nearly tore down the entire streets.

"Theo, I was bored.." she whispered again.
"I only stepped out to get some air I promise....I just happened to see this library across the street, I was tempted to come."

It was his fault. Yes, they did come out to eat but then he met some dangerous people whom he would never want Winter to associate with. So he decided to have a "talk" with them. He kissed her protectively on her forehead before leaving her to wait in the lounge all by herself. It was a stupid mistake he made. He left her unprotected. He should've never left her alone.

When he came out after he was done with his business, he noticed she was missing. And of course he did not take it well and injured two of his men in the process.

He took her hands in his big palms and looked into her eyes.

"If you want to read, I can provide you a room full of books..."

"Really?"
Her eyes shone brightly as she heard this. She was very happy indeed. Reading was her favourite pastime especially when she had nothing to do now. Not that she could move about freely when she was with him like she was with Theo now.

Seeing her happy and beaming with joy, his heart nearly skipped a beat. He smiled warmly at her. This innocent and naive looking girl in front of him made him feel things he had never felt before.

In fact the goons watching this scene were amazed because they never saw their lord become this soft for anyone.
Never had he shown this side of affection even to his biological parents.

Their lord tilted his head to the right and smiled at her as he caressed her hair. He leaned in towards her taking a sniff of her sweet nectar. One would call it psychotic judging by his behaviour and the way he was staring at her. He looked insane and maddening like the Joker.

It was funny as he was in fact very famous to be known as the Joker in his field for his criminal mastermind and crazy stunts; his sadistic sense of humor and unpredictable nature.

He was becoming addicted to her. When she was out of his sight, he couldn't handle it. He needed her under his gaze all the time. He had to know her whereabouts and what she would be doing if he was not with her.

"Lets get you home..."

'Home' she thought, the word made her feel a mixture of sadness and joy. Does he miss her? Apparently not. She left her thoughts at this and nodded.
"Okay" she whispered.

*Picture of Theodore Belardus above*

Please do vote and comment if you liked this chapter🙏🏻