Ennotana ⸝⸝ Baking

Ennoshita was in the mood for some chocolate cake, he would usually go buy some but-
He wanted to try baking for once. "Ryū-" he called, whilst getting on a light yellow apron, and staring down at a recipe book.

Chocolate Cake-
1 Tbsp butter
3 cups flour (plus more for dusting)
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
8 ounces cream cheese
12 ounces butter
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 pound powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk (optional)

Method~
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally butter three 9" cake pans, and tap a tablespoon of flour around in each, until evenly coated. Line with a round sheet of parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, first cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and vegetable oil. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry, and whisk until smooth. Divide evenly between the cake pans, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Place pans on racks to cool for at least 30 minutes before flipping onto racks, and allowing to cool completely, another 30-60 minutes.
3. While cakes cool, beat together butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Once fluffy, add cocoa powder, and mix until combined. A cup or two at a time, add powdered sugar, and beat until creamy and smooth. Add a splash of milk if desired to adjust consistency.
4. Slice the rounded tops off each layer of the cake, frost, slice, and serve.
(Recipe is from Binging With Babish)

Tanaka yawned after a nap he just took-
He looked at the counter to see flower and eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, and all that. "What are you doing Chika..?" The blue eyed second year yawned, wrapping his arms around Chika's waist, yawing yet again. "Making chocolate cake.." Chika hummed.
"Mhm.." Tanaka said. "And you're helping."
"What?!" Tanaka immediately woke up. Chikara chuckled getting out a light blue apron. Tanaka crossed his arms.
"No- I suck at baking." Tanaka refused.
Ennoshita then kissed Tanaka's cheek, "Cmon you'll help me right?" Ennoshita said giving a sweet smile. "Erm eh..yeah babe." Tanaka stuttered knowing that's if he said no Ennoshita would be beating him with a whisk.

Tanaka took the apron from Ennoshita's hands putting it on. "Good." Ennoshita smiled, before kissing Tanaka's cheek again. "Tanaka, butter the cake pans and preheat the oven to 350°F."
"Don't forget your use the parchment paper!" Ennoshita said, whilst making sure Tanaka understood him. Tanaka groaned for a second.
Before Ennoshita shot him a stare, Ennoshtia fixated his mind on mixing the dry ingredients together within a bowl. He simply sifted what needed to be sifted to a fine power whilst making sure and trying his hardest to not let even a speckle of flour touch the counter.

Tanaka greased up the pans and aligned with parchment paper whilst also preheating the oven. He set the pans aside.
He watched as his Chika then mixed the wet ingredients within a separate light purple bowl.
He watched as the buttermilk, eggs, and vegetable oil were whisked together till nice and well mixed together.
Ennoshita watched as Tanaka admired him-
Tanaka always looked as if he were admiring Ennoshita. The way Tanaka would let his cheek rest on his fist, the way his greyish blue eyes just stared at Ennoshita's brown ones. Tanaka then watched as Ennoshtia mixed the dry and wet ingredients together, folding the mixture until it looked chocolatey and smooth.

Ennoshita looked at Tanaka, "Get the pans."
"Anything for you baby." Tanaka said whilst smelling the chocolate scent within the air.
Slowly he held out the pans one by one, Ennoshita distributed cake batter equally between 3 pans, then setting them into the oven to bake. Tanaka let out a sigh, "That was work-"

"I did most of the work here." Ennoshita narrowed his gaze. "Fine fine~" Tanaka clicked his tongue in a playful manner. Ennoshita kissed Tanaka playfully on the lips, a sweet and short kiss. Then Ennoshita got the cream cheese and butter, now focusing on the frosting. "Tanaka..once 30 minutes is over check the cakes with a toothpick..if theres still unbaked batter leave it in for like..5 more minutes." Ennoshita said.

Slowly Ennoshita beat the cream cheese and butter together, eventually adding sugar and cocoa powder until a frosting consistency was achieved and by the time Ennoshita had strawberries and chocolate shavings out to decorate the cake as well at the forsting, 30 minutes had been taken up. Tanaka slowy opened the oven only to smell the chocolatey aroma. Slowly he stuck in a toothpick, pulling it up he saw it was clean. "Its done." Tanaka said.

Ennoshita smiled, "Take them out-"
"I know I know." Tanaka took the cakes out setting them aside on another surface.
After some cooling time Tanaka was whining away. "Come on! Lets decorate this thing already!"
"Babe, be more patient." Ennoshita hushed him down, Tanaka pouted.
"Im sorry." he kissed Tanaka on the cheek yet again. Ennoshita already had all 3 cakes stacked up to make one normal sized one. Slowly he grabbed the frosting, Tanaka really just wanted to apply the chocolate shavings and strawberry's on after.

Ennoshita slowly frosted the cake, making sure not to get a hell load of crumbs stuck in the frosting, slowly he went just smoothing out some areas. Soon enough he was done and Tanaka just threw some strawberry's on, sprinkling chocolate shavings around it.
"Can we eat now? I'm hungry!" Tanaka said.
Ennoshita nodded sweetly whilst cutting the cake, giving Tanaka a clean slice on a pastel pink plate.
Tanaka took a bite before kissing Ennoshita, "This is really good..you're great at baking Chika." Tanaka set the plate aside, hugging Ennoshita. He slowly buried his face into the crook of Ennoshita's neck.
"Can we bake again sometime?"
"Yes." Ennoshita chuckled.

     Ennotana is another request I got

Ennotana is another request I got. I honestly love these two
And yes I am kinda starting off with underrated ships. The next oneshot will be Kunikin 🤍
Anyways hope you guys enjoyed this oneshot and I'll see you on the next one 🤍

1073 words~