Kunikin ⸝⸝ Blind Dates

Kunimi rolled his eyes as he waited for his date, he thought this was all stupid. Incredibly pathetic-
He wondered what on earth he let Yahaba and Oikawa do to him. He was on a freaking date, Yahaba and Oikawa knew the person yet not even a fraction of information of this mystery date would be given. Kunimi was at a restaurant and well, he was in rather simplistic formal wear. He was just in a white button up shirt, tucked into some Calvin Klein jeans and some boots, with a somewhat lazy looking grayish blue jacket. His hair was in its normal parted look and overall-
He didn't look one bit excited for this date.
His date was soon enough going to be 5 minutes late. "Why am I even waiting anymore?" Kunimi asked getting insanely impatient. He tapped his foot against the burgundy flooring. I don't have time for thi-

"Sorry I was late." A rather calm and somewhat hoarse voice said. Kunimi looked up at the man, the both men in their 20's. And Kunimi didn't know what to say after minutes of scrolling on his phone is utter boredom.
The guy had shaved sides yet messy hair at the top, a bit spikey too. He was rather tall, and he was in a dark blue jacket, paired with a white shirt tucked into dark jeans and he wore black boots. "Erm..ehm.." Kunimi had no words. The guy was..indeed pretty good looking yet he didn't know whether to look bothered or say it was fine.

This is a date...and I should atleast make an effort to be nice I guess...
"It's fine." Kunimi said.
"Oh..I forgot to say..I'm Kindaichi, Yūtarō Kindaichi." He said, sitting down.
"I'm Akira Kunimi..." was all Kunimi said. The guy seemed interesting, that's all Kunimi could say.
"Wow...you look great." Kindaichi said. Kunimi felt a quickened blush hit his cheeks, soft and faint. "..you look pretty nice too?" The words coming out more of like a question.
"Oikawa and Yahaba have said a lot about you." Kindaichi chuckled.
"It better have been good things." Kunimi rolled his eyes a bit, causing the other male to chuckle.

"Believe me, it was all good." Kindaichi gave a soft smile, admiring how..pretty the boy in front of him was. "So what are you going to order?" Kunimi picked up the menu.
Kindaichi narrowed his eyes at the menu, "Eh...I'm not really hungry. I'll just take a drink." Kindaichi said. Kunimi smiled for a few seconds. Thank god, I wasn't hungry either.
"Out of honesty I wasn't hungry either." Kunimi said. "So do you just wanna talk? I genuinely want to get to know you." Kindaichi said.

Kunimi blushed at what natural charmer this guy was already being. Ugh..you just met him.
"I wonder what made Oikawa and Yahaba think we'd make a good pair." Kunimi mumbled.
"I thought the same thing at first." Kindaichi said.
"Hm..really?" Kunimi said, raising a brow.
"All they said much about you was that you were..kinda of moody, tired, but overall pretty chill and nice or something along those lines." Kindaichi scratched his neck.
Kunimi glared. "They told me you're a bit air headed, but overall pretty nice or something, a bit gullible. Overall- nice or something." Kunimi mumbled.
"Gullible? Pft..like hell." Kindaichi said.
"If I told you...I love social interactions would you believe me?"
"Possibly." Kindaichi replied simply. Kunimi only let out a 'pft'.
"Welp, you seem kinda gullible I guess." Kunimi shrugged.

Soon enough the first 15 minutes they talked for turned into an hour-
Kunimi felt himself gradually liking this guy. Each second Kindaichi got even more enjoyable and funny. Kunimi felt himself get the faintest of blushes to appear on his cheeks. Each second Kunimi felt himself smiling and laughing more. He was starting to like Kindaichi. Kindaichi on the other hand slowly felt himself liking Kunimi. Even if they were just enjoying black tea at a restaurant and talking-
This date was odd, yet going well.
Kindaichi liked to see Kunimi smile, he would blush ever so often. He's pretty. He's cute when he smiles. I'm liking him so far. He's enjoyable.

Eventually when the two finished their cups of warm black tea, Kindaichi smiled. "Let's ditch this..how about we go somewhere else?"
Kunimi took a thought, it was only 6 by now-
And Kunimi was an adult, well over capable of controlling his life.
"Definitely." Kunimi blushed. The two split the cost for the tea and simply left, listening to one another whilst talking about other topics. "How about...we go to an arcade?" Kindaichi gestured to one place. A lot of teens and college kids seemed to be there, mainly people hanging out.
"Yes." Kunimi said simply. Kindaichi grabbed Kunimi by the wrist, which startled the shorter male for a second.

Yet Kunimi didn't mind one bit. And when they got inside and all-
They two proceeded to just have fun and be competitive. "I'll beat you at this-" was what Kunimi said here and there, voice just dripping with a competitive drive. Kindaichi would laugh at those lines, "I'll see about that!"
And usually Kunimi ended up winning. Each time Kunimi won he'd end up smirking competitively-
Which just led Kindaichi to blush and then smirk back. "Fine you win..." Kindaichi would sound all pouty when saying it. At some point Kindaichi scored up enough for a cute bear plushie.
"Here." Kindaichi said, handing over the plush into Kunimi's arms. "Wha- you win this though?"
"But I figured you should keep it." Kindaichi said. Kunimi blushed, "Oh..thanks.." Kunimi hid his face within the plush, blushing. "You look cute." Kindaichi said chuckling. "We should start going now- oh shit." Kindaichi cursed.
It was raining outside, the rain hit against the glass slowly. Then dripped down, it looked more gloomy now; great, just great!
"Crap it's raining." Kunimi muttered.
"Were you planning on walking home?" Kindaichi asked. "Mhm, my place was pretty close to the restaurant." Kunimi said.
"Well, I parked my car near the restaurant. I could drop you off. The rain is light so we could walk together there." Kindaichi offered sweetly. Kunimi gave a soft smile, he used the plush to hide it though. "Mhm."
Then Kindaichi blushed as he felt Kunimi's hand intertwine in his. Kindaichi grinned slightly. As the two walked out of the arcade, closely walking beside eachother, hand in hand, Kunimi held the plush close. Then soon enough Kunimi was dropped off him safely.
As the rain was now much faster,, in fact it was pouring at this point Kindaichi watched as Kunimi was about to walk into his house-
"Wait, can I get your number?" Kindaichi asked, being very thankful he didn't forget to ask.

Kunimi, still holding onto the bear plush turned around a bit shocked, "Yeah- hand over your phone." he said, and Kunimi simply punched his digits into Kindaichi's phone.
"Let's do this sometime again." Kindaichi said.
Kunimi blushed, "Yeah, I really uhm..liked today."
"I'm glad you did Kunimi, next time let's just make sure not to let the rain ruin the day." Kindaichi said, earning a chuckle out of Kunimi.
"Yeah..let's do this again...Kindaichi."

      I'm mad to know I let you guys 2-3 days without an update

Anyways, Kunikin was a request and I did it! I think this chapter is pretty cute-
And we live for bear plushies here.
Next chapter is Kyouhaba.
Hope you guys enjoyed, see you guys on the next oneshot 🤍

1270 words~