Kuroken ⸝⸝ When We Were Kids

Kenma was one of the bestest boyfriends ever, if not the best. Kuroo loved the shorter male more than anything really. Yet sometimes he wished Kenma would get off his phone a bit more. Now, their relationship was never nor ever will be toxic. Kenma just preferred a little too much game time. "Kenmaaa." Kuroo whined.
"Ken? Ken-ken?" Kuroo stared at the shorter male. Kuroo was in the cuddling mood for sure.
The day was fucking cold as hell!
Kuroo could've felt his fingers go numb on the spot. He was just glad Kenma was rather warm, Kenma was just sitting around on his phone in one of Kuroo's red hoodies.
"Hm?" Kenma looked over, an adorably innocent look on his face. His honey goldenish eyes staring at Kuroo's dark eyes. Kenma was just ever so gorgeous. His smooth skin, slightly long-ish soft hair, golden eyes, and slightly rosy cheeks- a natural blush in other words, Kenma was perfect. Immaculate.
Kuroo just admired Kenma for a bit. "Put that stupid phone down, and give me some attention...?" The words coming out as a little question. Kenma seemed to pause-
"Hm?" he said again, he was just in the mood for teasing Kuroo.
"Fuck it!" Kuroo said, tackling Kenma down playfully. Kenma laughed a bit, keeping his phone in his grip. "Kuro!" he said in a playful manner, chuckling. "I want attention Ken-ken." Kuroo said hugging into Kenma never letting go of the small boy. Kenma chuckled at the playful manner Kuroo has possessed. "Okay okay.." he said in a quiet and rested tone, pecking Kuroo on the cheek. Then Kuroo noticed what Kenma was looking at on his phone. It was tons of pictures of the two from childhood to now.

"You're looking at pictures of us when we were kids?" Kuroo asked.
Kenma nodded, blushing slightly.
Kuroo held Kenma in his arms, resting his chin on Kenna's shoulder getting a good view of Kenna's camera roll.
The first picture he saw was of himself hugging Kenma, they looked to be around 13 in the picture.
"I used to hug you a lot in middle school." Kuroo said.
"Mhm..you were clingy." Kenma said in a teasing tone. "Mhm...only for you!" Kuroo nuzzled more into Kenma's shoulder.
Kenma then stared at some other ones.
"This?" he said in a relaxed and sort of sleepy tone.
Kuroo looked at the picture, it was at Kenma's birthday-
His 14th birthday party to be exact.
Kuroo was taking the picture, and Kenma was just sitting back in a chair with his vanilla birthday cake right across from him. The frosting was red and black, as the cake was white. It was a simple vanilla cake, and it had moderate decor on it with 'Happy Birthday Kenma!' written in red. "Aha I remember that clearly." Kuroo said.
"Yeah, you were very close to pushing my face into the cake."
"Wha-"
"You even sang the periodic table song by heart."
"It's catchy!" Kuroo defended.
"To you. I'm not into chemistry as much as you are." Kenma said. "I know kitten, I know."
"How about this one?" Kenma asked.

Kuroo stared at the picture, it was their first date. It was a date at a cafe, that soon developed into playing beach volleyball for a bit then hitting the arcade. There were several pictures. The first one was at the cafe, both Kenma and Kuroo smiling whilst drinking coffee and enjoying cake pops and other sweet treats. "I never knew your were into slightly bitter coffee until that day." Kenma said.
Kuroo nuzzled more into Kenma's shoulder.
"It was slightly obvious you like sweet coffee."
Kuroo said, clicking his tongue a bit.
"It's better than it being gross and bitter."
"But I still put sugar!"
"It's not as sweet as I'd prefer..." Kenma swiped to the next picture.

The next one was of the two in the city, Kenma was in a puffy black jacket, with dark red and white sweatpants with a matching white and dark red hoodie. He had red converse and his hair was sort of tied back.
Kuroo was in a white puffy jacket, and black jeans, with some dark red vans and a dark red hoodie. "This was when we went around Tokyo
right?" Kuroo asked. Kenna nodded.
"We were...around 15?" Kuroo asked. Kenma nodded again. "Your hair is still it's natural color in this picture.." Kuroo smiled whilst saying that.

Kenma went on to the next few he had saved. There was one of Kuroo taking a photo again, a selfie to be exact, and Kenma just looking down at his phone. Kenma's hair was as it was now, blond with black roots.
"This was after I dyed my hair." Kenma softly said.
"I know kitten, it was also the day I called you pudding head." Kuroo smirked.
"I'm not even a-"
"You are. But you're my pudding head." Kuroo kissed Kenma's cheek, before hugging him tighter. Kenma just blushed in response as Kuroo got the attention he wanted.

     I know this chapter is kinda short but I just felt like writing it because why not

I know this chapter is kinda short but I just felt like writing it because why not. Just cute and simple sweet stuff ig.
Anyways, next chapter is Asanoya because the ship is under appreciated if you ask me.
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter 🤍

891 words~