Matsuhana ⸝⸝ Distance

Hanamaki smiled whilst looking at his laptop screen. He had been dating Matsukawa for around 2 years by now, they met through a friend of Hanamaki's, who went to the United States for University. Hanamaki's friend introduced Hanamaki to Matsukawa during a FaceTime call, and ever since then Hanamaki and Matsukawa seemed to click.
It went from Hanamaki FaceTiming his friend to now Hanamaki FaceTiming Matsukawa. The two went from simple strangers to lovers with a long distance relationship. Matsukawa was in New York. Hanamaki was in Kyoto, Japan.
"Hey Maki." Matsukawa said in a loving tone. Hanamaki smiled, "Hey Matsu!" Hanamaki said.
"How's classes been going?"
"A bit stressing, tiring, but fine. What about you?" Hanamaki said whilst resting his cheek against his fist.
"Mhm..it's stressing too. And I miss you..I want to meet you and all, but classes." Matsukawa seemed to whine. He truly just wanted to hold Hanamaki, kiss him, and smother him with affection and care.

"I want to meet you too..." Hanamaki said, he craved to find out what Matsukawa's touch was like. "It's gotten a bit colder here. I wish I could cuddle you." Matsukawa admitted.
"I figured, I mean it's getting colder just about everywhere. I wish I could cuddle you too." Hanamaki said. That was before Hanamaki's friend came in, he seemed to give Matsukawa some hot coffee. "Here you go, your coffee. Don't complain if it's too sweet, next time come with me for thi- Hey Maki!"
"Hey Oikawa." Hanamaki noticed Oikawa's voice within seconds really. "How's it going in Japan?"
"Fine and all. You?"
"Nothing, it's just cold. That's it." Oikawa shrugged. "Wow so descriptive." Hanamaki's tone shifted to a sarcastic and joking one.
"Oh my god...like I know- like it's just cold." Oikawa's tone shifted as well.
The two shared a small chuckle. "Anyways, I was talking to my boyfriend." Matsu interrupted the conversation. "Yeah I'll be talking to Iwa-chan now."
"Just go get a room." Hanamaki mumbled. By the time he said that Oikawa was probably already had his phone out texting Iwaizumi.

"They are so hopelessly in love." Matsu said.
"Tell me something I don't know." Maki rolled his eyes before chuckling. Matsukawa blushed at that, if only I could hear that in person..he thought.
Hanamaki only laughed on some more. "I wanna meet you soon enough.." Matsukawa smiled whilst holding his phone at a better angle.
"I wanna meet you too. Believe me I'll try my best to get a ticket to the USA during break!"

The memory replayed in Hanamaki's head for a bit-
Here he was in the United States. It was somewhat cold right now, Hanamaki stood there within a light green jacket, a black and white long sleeved striped shirt, Levi's jeans, and black adidas sneakers. He watched as people around him wore adidas, nike, and of course as he heard from others, JFK was incredibly busy. People were all around him, he saw people of so many different backgrounds hugging their lovers or loved ones. Slowly he held onto his suitcase feeling his arm tighten around it. Voices could be heard all over.

Where is he?
Is he even here?
He better be here or else I came here for nothing.
Yahaba is spamming my phone right now.

"MAKI!" he heard someone say, immediately Hanamaki turned around only to see Oikawa and Matsu waving. Oikawa was in a light blue puffy jacket, a grey scarf, blue sweater and grey jeans with blue sneakers. Matsukawa was wearing a black jacket with ripped jeans and black and white nike sneakers. Hanamaki ran into Matsukawa's arms, the two sharing a strong and lovingly warm embrace. Hanamaki was slightly crying. And Matsukawa has a few tears in his eyes. "I'm so happy I get to finally see you." Matsukawa said.

Hanamaki just enjoyed the warmth. "God...I'm so happy..I love you.." Hanamaki said. "I love you Maki.."
"I love you too Matsu.."
The two hugged, before Matsukawa took the lead, letting his lips press against Maki's.
Maki kissed back slowly, as they parted Oikawa just crossed his arms. "You two realize I'm here too? Right?" Oikawa then said breaking the cuteness.
"No." the couple said before chuckling in each others arms. "I- rude!" Oikawa let out a 'hmph' afterwords.
And for the rest of the day Hanamaki stayed with Matsu, the two cuddled to sleep throughout the coldness of outside. Maki occasionally tugging on the cloth of Matsukawa's cotton hoodie. They joked around and laughed whilst scrolling down the internet. They would cook together, even if 'cooking' meant a pack of 5 minute ramen. They kissed eachother, held eachother, and loved eachother, even if Hanamaki was only here for the slightest of time. They were finally together, even if it was for a little bit. Sure they had a long distance, but nothing would break their love for eachother.

 Sure they had a long distance, but nothing would break their love for eachother

Okay, I live for Matsuhana
Sorry this chapter is a bit short.
This ship is on the underrated side. Next chapter is Tsukkiyama! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter 🤍

853 words~