3.1 - We Have a Situation

It was 2012 and at Fury, Coulson and Agent Maria Hill were at a S.H.I.E.L.D facility where the Tesseract was being held and observed by Dr Erik Selvig and and his team of scientists. Fury had been summoned due to the Tesseract acting erratically in recent times with Doctor Selvig unable to shut down the energy forcing Coulson's hand and ordering an evacuation.

Coulson was sent by Director Fury to oversee and aid the evacuation of the facility. Meanwhile Hill who was skeptical of evacuation and made her feelings known to her boss but yet he was adamant that it was right call before she was reluctantly sent also to aid the evacuation.

Nick entered the radiation facility that the Tesseract was being held in where Doctor Selvig and his team were continuing to observe the blue energy source.

Barton came down from his 'nest' as Dr Selvig coined it and stood next to Fury "Barton have you seen anything that might set this thing off?" He queried the skilled agent.

Barton shook his head "No one's come or gone. It's oven is clean. No contacts, no I.M.'s. If there was any tampering, sir, it wasn't at this end." .

Fury narrowed as his eye at Barton with curiousity "At this end?" He said slowly

Clint was slightly confused by Fury's reaction "Yeah, the cube is a doorway to the other end of space, right? The doors open from both sides." Clint said as if it was obvious.

Dr. Erik Selvig typed on his keyboard and the monitor flashes. Suddenly, the Tesseract thunders and shakes the entire facility. Both Agent Coulson nearby, and Maria Hill topside, feel the tremors.

The cube then glows brighter and emits a circle of light and forms a thin beam. The power hits the edge of a platform, and begins to form a vortex, which becomes a portal. Space appears through the portal, and a gust of blue energy knocks people back.

The cloud shoots to the ceiling, and the portal on the platform opens up as Loki steps through. The portal vanishes, as the room becomes darker thanks to the lights being taken out and Loki grins at everyone, holding his spear. He frowns as he sees them looking at him.

Fury pleads with Loki "Sir please put down the spear

Fury pleads with Loki "Sir please put down the spear."

Loki however smirks and responds by firing a blast of blue energy from his spear, while Agent Barton narrowly tackles Fury out of the way. Everyone shoots at Loki, but the bullets deflect off of him. Loki immediately takes down everyone shooting at him easily, with knives and energy blasts from his sceptre.

He pauses, grinning, and looks to who will attack him next. Barton attempts to attack him, but Loki grabs his wrist, disarming him.

He applauds Clint's efforts to take him on "You have heart" Loki gently presses the point of the spear against Barton's chest causing his eyes to turn black before reverting back to their normal look with Loki casting him under some kind of spell and Barton stops trying to attack the Asgardian.