A Misunderstanding

The sun shone upon the land, the flowers bloomed. The trees shields the people from the hot sun, as the roof they had above their heads. It was another normal day. People woke up early, they worked, they talked, they argued.

They live.

Although they have been at war for a few month against the empire, whose goal is to conquer the continent, life goes on normally.

The conflict between the two sides is a trend at this point. It goes back to the times of old, way before magic was a thing, way before dragons came into being.

Empires fall, kingdom rises. The land stays the same, the name change.

But now, this might be it for the kingdom. Annual conflict with the Empire aside, the king of Asterin, foolish as he might be, now have the demons knocking on his door.

Oh, and a dragon too.

Maybe.

Perhaps.

Hopefully not.

In a quest for expansion, and maybe in a blind faith towards the church, he expanded north. Into the lands of nomads. The horned heresy. The demons.

They didn't take too kindly on their village being razed to the ground in the name of a human "goddess".

And to add salt into the wound, the garrisons used the domain of the Black Dragon to set up camp. Without it's permission.

They were destroyed.

Fighting unprepared demons might be easy, but a force of nature? Hardly.

Now that the news had spread everywhere, thanks to overly competent merchant, or by words of travellers, the nation is in chaos.

Not rioting on the street, but still there, and endless worry in the back of their heads.

Until she came.

From the sky, from the heaven's above....came her. Came the beginning of a bloody tale.

__________________________________

"Woh....windy." A girl muttered, not realizing she is thousands of meters high up in the air, plummeting.

She wields a towering tower shield that beats her own body in height and width, a short, harmless looking knife, and most powerful of all, her positive attitude. Her entire attire is clad with dark colours but bright, red lining, giving any onlookers a sinister vibe.

If the wearer weren't such a cute girl, that is.

"Eh?"

Her eyes moved down towards something that look white and fluffy.

Clouds.

"Hmm....maybe I'll get another flying skill this time!" said girl exclaimed excitedly, finally noticing the ground closing in on her after passing trough the byproduct of evaporated water.

Maybe thats a no on that skill. The hidden quest this time look fairly ground based. An approaching fast.

It seems she will be landing inside a city, in a place that almost look like the first floor of NewWorld Online. Or at least that's what she can perceive from where she is.

Hundreds of meters in the sky, and descending.

"Oh! Pfashafatui!" She spat out some cloud that have entered her mouth, but end up swallowing some of them anyway. It tasted bland, like distilled water, with some.....feathers?

Did she just pulverize a bird?

"Hee....." She wondered restlessly.

It was a very strange start for a quest by her opinion, but a hidden quest was never normal in the first place. And by the way she discovered said hidden quest, this one is definitely far from it.