Chapter 4

Minal went to Anayra's room. Picking up all her books, she kept in her bag, and sat next to Anayra.

"Anayra!" She said caressing her hair. "Mama it's Sunday, I want to sleep!" Anayra replied as she turned the other side.

"Baby, papa is going to take you to the park today. And now he is waiting to have breakfast with you." Minal said. Till then her phone rang.

"Good morning ma'am! I am Anayra's teacher speaking. Ms. Minal?"

"Yes? Is everything okay?" Minal asked.

"Yes ma'am! Actually few days back, we had sent a notice through Anayra, regarding her admission, we wanted to know about it, if you have filled the form or not." The teacher said.

Minal realised that she hadn't seen the notice that Anayra had given her few days back. She had been really busy since few days.

"I am sorry for the delay, I will make sure to fill it up as soon as possible and will send it through Anayra tomorrow?" Minal replied.

"It's okay ma'am, thank you!" She said and kept the call.

"Where's my Anayra?" Arsal asked as he took a seat. "Papa!" Anayra came running from her room and hugged him.

"Have your breakfast fast, then we will go to the park?" Arsal said, making her sit on her chair. "And ice cream too?" Anayra asked softly.

"It's too chilled outside, no ice cream then!" Minal replied. "Please mama!" Anayra said.

"Baby, you will fall sick. And then we will have to go to the doctor, and you can't play or go out with papa till you are fine right?" Minal explained softly, and Anayra nodded, with a smile.

"You won't come with us?" She asked, taking a sip of water.

"You and papa go, I have some work today, mama will come next time, okay?" Minal said placing a kiss on her forehead.

Arsal and Anayra had their breakfast, and went out. Minal went inside her room, and searched for the envelope. She moved the files and saw the envelope kept there, till then Maahi entered.

"What are you searching for?" Maahi asked, taking a seat on the bed.

"Few days back a notice had come, from Anayra's school, regarding her admission." Minal opened the envelope and read the letter.

"Where did she get her admission? Give me the form, I will fill it, till then you take rest!" Maahi said, keeping her phone aside.

"No, I am not going to send Anayra to that school!" Minal said.

Maahi was shocked to hear that. Minal always wanted to send Anayra to that school. She was eagerly waiting for the confirmation from the school.

"But why di?" Maahi asked.

"The school is same, but the branch is in Bangalore. And you know that I don't want to go there. So let Anayra continue in the present school itself!" Minal replied and kept the envelope inside.

"What is the problem if it's in Bangalore? We can go there, and you always wanted to send her to that school, now why are you changing your mind?"

"Maahi, you know I don't want to go to that place again. From where I came back, from where my whole life changed so much, just because of one person. I don't know what I would have done to myself, if Anayra wasn't there." Minal said. Her voice showed full pain and hurt.

"But di think about Arsal and also, Anayra's future. One or the other day, you will come across those people again." Maahi replied, making Minal sit next to her.

"No Maahi! I don't want to return to the place from where I was asked to leave, rather I would say, forced to leave."

"And talking about Arsal, I am really thankful for him that he supported me when no one was with me. He is nothing to me, more than my daughter's father. 5 years back, when I was left with nothing, no one, except my 2 months old Anayra, he was the one who stood beside me. He was the one who accepted me and my daughter." Minal said, as a lone tear escaped her eyes.

Minal, didn't want to return to her past. From the ones who forced her to leave, at a point when she needed him the most. When she wanted to share the happiness of going to be parents. But she never got the chance to.

She still loved him, but didn't want to turn back to him. Her past had already affected her so much, there was no day when she didn't miss him, but she wanted to move on.

Arsal was Minal's childhood best friend. He had supported her since all these five years. He had accepted Minal and Anayra, he stood beside them all these years. For Anayra, Arsal was the best father.

Minal and Arsal hardly spoke to each other. Until the matter concerned was about Anayra, they rarely spoke. It was never needed.

Thank you for reading❤️