Chapter 10 - Chiyo's Troubles

POV: Y/N

Wow! We're really lucky Halloween fell on the weekend this year. I can't wait to go costume shopping with Toritsuka after school today. We still can't agree on what to be but I'm sure we'll figure something out. 

The final class of the day is finally over and Toritsuka and I head out of class along with everyone else. We decide to walk around town and go into any clothing store we think will have the supplies to create costumes. We go into a small boutique and Toritsuka's eyes land on a pair sunglasses. 

"I know! I can be a singer. Just like at the PK Festival!" He smiles.

"I didn't know you could sing." I say.

"I can't. I had to summon a spirit." He admits.

"Of course." I roll my eyes. "Wait, if you can't sing why would you perform at all then?"

"I thought it would be a fun idea and even Saiki helped us out but it failed miserably and I'm not sure why." He replies.

"Sounds like he set you up." I say. "Either way, don't sing at the party if you can't sing. I don't want my ears to bleed."

"Wow, harsh." Toritsuka grimaces. 

We continue looking around and Toritsuka keeps the glasses in hand. He ends up finding a neon headband about the same color as the sunglasses and decides to hold on to it as well. 

I suggest checking the clearance rack since there's always some funky stuff in there. Toritsuka ends up finding a zebra print suit jacket and some plain black pants.

"This is perfect!" He exclaims.

"That's the most extra thing I have ever seen." I say.

"Did you find anything princess?" He asks.

Princess? He could call me dumpster and I'd still feel this warm feeling inside.

"N-no." I stutter.

"Oh so you like the princess nickname huh?" He smirks and takes a step closer to me. "I'm glad."

He gives me a kiss on the lips.

"Cool it with the PDA." A random shopper walking by yells.

"Sorry." I apologize and my whole face turns red.

"You are so adorable." He smiles

"Whatever." I reply. "Are you ready to checkout? I couldn't find anything."

"Yep." He answers and we head over to the register.

"That'll be ¥2300." The lady working the register informs Toritsuka.

"Okay." Toritsuka says and pulls out his wallet grabbing some of the money inside. "That should be all."

The lady puts all of Toritsuka's things in a bag and hands it to him. "Have a great day!"

"Thank you." Toritsuka tells the lady and we head out of the store. "Where to next?"

"It's incredible." I exclaim.

"What is?" Toritsuka asks confused.

"You didn't ogle over that girl at all!" I laugh.

"Of course not. Why would I when I have the prettiest girl standing right next to me?" He asks and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you sure you're not summoning spirits? Because you're acting very flirtatious and it seems kind of out of character.." I ask.

"I have never summoned a spirit while I was with you y/n." He informs me.