Chapter 16

Third Person

Later that day...

"Okay Cam time for you to go to bed in your new room." Owen said walking over to Cameron who sat on the couch watching the tv.

"YAY! I get my own bed?" Cameron asked looking up to Owen who stood infront of her.

He put his hands under her armpits. Lifting her up and putting her on his hip.

"Yep but I'm going to miss my little cuddle buddy." Owen said squeezing her tight. Causing Cameron to erupt in giggles.

Owen had already gotten Cameron ready for bed. That was the deal if she could watch a bit of a movie if she got ready before bed.

Owen placed Cameron on her bed. Pulling away the covers and then tucking her and ellie in. So tight you could only see her tiny little head and ellies head poking out.

Owen thought the sight was so cute he took his own little photo.

"O can you read me a story?" Cameron asked batting her eyelashes. She wanted Owen to stay as long as she could since she was terrified of staying in here by herself. But wanted to seem like a big girl to her brothers.

"Sure. Well we don't have any books right now but I can tell you one?" Owen said.

Cameron nodded her head.

"Well once a upon a time there was a princess and three princes. They all lived happily in the castle. Until the evil King visted to meet the princess. He was selfish and only vists when he needs something___"

"What about the Queen?" Cameron asked interupting the story.

"Well the Queen had lived with the princess and the princes but was right now on a mission. Leaving the oldest prince in charge. The Princes made sure to protect the princess. To make sure the Evil King didn't hurt her like he hurt them__" Owen said getting lost in thought.

But lucky for him Cameron looked fast asleep. Not needing to continue he gave Cameron a kiss on the forehead and whispered a 'goodnight princess'.

When he was leaving the room he left the door slightly open to allow some light into the room and so they could hear her.

But for Cameron, once Owen left her side she was wide awake. The darkness crept into her room. The small bit of a gap in the open door let in little light. Still letting the dark over take. For Cameron it ment that any monster could lurk in the dark.

She sat up on her bed getting out of Owens strong tucked in blanket hold. Clunching onto Ellie for dear life. Her eyes darted around the room as her breathing picked up. Tears pricked up at her eyes.

Cameron has never slept by herself. She always had her Mom and then Owen took her place. She always had someone to protect her from the monsters.

Cameron couldn't help it tears were rolling down her cheeks. She took one deep breath before dashing out of her bedroom into the light filled hall. Too afraid the monsters would catch her.

Just as she was about to run downstairs Mason was walking up.

"Hey what are you doing up?" Mason said but once he looked down at his little sister he noticed the tears rolling down her cheeks. He lifted her up and placed her on his hip. Cameron clung onto him for dear life still clutching onto Ellie.