Year 6-6 | Quidditch (2)

The Slytherin table were all busy mocking Ron as he made his way down the great hall towards us. Crabbe and Goyle's words of discouragements were the easiest to hear. I'm sure all the taunts were building up on Ron making him more anxious, he just looked anxious too. Draco wasn't taunting him or mocking him at all, he sat far away from the rest of the Slytherin boys not even eating.

Harry Hermione and I all looked at Ron worried as he sat down. He wasn't stuffing his face with food like usual, he was really really stiff.

"So how was it then?" Ron asked looking up at us.

"How was what?" Hermione asked placing her copy of the Daily Prophet down.

"Your dinner party,"

"Pretty boring actually, though I think Harry and Evelyn had fun," Hermione said smirking. Harry and I both froze in place, we hadn't told her that we really were dating yet.

"Slughorn's having a Christmas Party too you know? And we're meant to bring someone," Hermione continued.

"I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen, he's in the slug club isn't he?"

"Actually I was going to ask you,"

"Really," Ron asked skeptically. Hermione didn't reply and kept quiet looking down at her newspaper sighing. From beside Ron, Lavender Brown skipped her way towards him tapping on his shoulders.

"Good luck today Ron, I know you'll be brilliant," She said before smiling and walking out.

"I'm resigning-" Ron said leaning in, "After today's match, McLaggen can have my spot,"

"Have it your way," Harry replied placing a cup of pumpkin juice in front of Ron, "Juice,".

"Hello Everyone" Luna greeted us from beside Ron. She was wearing a lion hat of some sort, it looked like it was handmade. She was receiving a couple of strange glances from people, though she was completely unbothered.

"You look dreadful Ron, is that why you put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?" Luna said. Hermione looked at me furrowing her eyebrows, I didn't know what she was saying either. Harry gave us a quick glance of a small vial before putting it in his pocket, liquid luck.

"Liquid Luck," I whispered furrowing my eyebrows.

"Don't drink it Ron!" Hermione whisper-shouted. Despite Hermione's attempt to stop him, Ron picked up the pumpkin juice Harry had given it to him taking a deep breath, and drank it.

"You can be expelled for that," Hermione whispered to Harry furrowing her eyebrows.

"I don't know what you're talking about,"

"Come on Harry, we've got a game to win," Ron said with a big smile on his face walking out confidently ignoring all the taunts from the Slytherin table.

"You didn't put it in did you?" I whispered to Harry. He turned to face me smiling a little nodding very slightly.

"How'd you know?"

"Instinct, good luck on your game Harry,"

"I'll see you afterwards," He replied giving me a quick peck on the lips before following after Ron. Hermione looked at me extremely confused, furrowing her eyebrows but smiling very little.

"Are you two dating?" She asked leaning in closer and whispering.

"Of course not, we're just friends," I scoffed. From behind Hermione's shoulders, I saw Draco still staring at his food without eating it. He wasn't in his quidditch uniform, rather a black suit. I understand why he wouldn't be playing, he's a death eater doing death eater stuff, finding out a new way to kill Dumbledore. I need to tell him, that's the right thing to do.