0͜͡1͜͡6͜͡

Busy

꧁Busy꧂

☆︎☆︎☆

Nekoma's volleyball team had decided that you were the best thing since sliced bread. Of course all of them were glad to finally have a manager. Some were more vocal about it such as Yamamoto being quite happy to have such an attractive face join in on the club, although some were quiet about it.

Kenma was happy that the volleyball team finally had a manager. He was actually so happy he texted Shouyou about it. Now, Kenma didn't tell you this and don't blame him for it, he didn't know how. But another thing Kenma liked about you was how interesting you were.

You took no shit from anyone on the volleyball team (except for Yaku, and you know what? Kenma totally understood, Yaku could be scary sometimes) and were always ready with a comeback (especially for Lev and Yamamoto). Kenma also found it interesting how you juggled your two ice skating teams, managing the volleyball guys, making plans for the volleyball team, and school.

However, Kenma was not happy with how you'd been acting lately. It may sound presumptuous of him but he didn't like that your eyes were always at your phone, always hurriedly tapping away at some keys, texting he presumed. You giving your attention to Kenma was rare enough but now it was even sparser.

Maybe it was because you were Nekoma's manager or because Kenma found you intriguing but you having your attention always shoved in your phone did not make him happy. Maybe that's why Kuroo was telling Kenma to pick his head up from a game every few weeks...

You blew a bubble as you typed away at your phone. Atsumu had eaten some of Osamu's breakfast today and Osamu was not happy about it. Apparently the twin's had an early practice due to them having a volleyball match after school today and would be doing so all week for another practice match even further away on Friday, them traveling from Hyogo to a school further in Tokyo just to do it all over again but travel to the country the second time. Atsumu complaining about the band wanting to ride due to them messing up one of his serves earlier in the year when a first year accidently played a note. Osamu then scolding him for sounding like a selfish asshole. You then telling both of them to shut up and go to class and then both the twins ganging up on you about how you were the one that needed to go to class.

The bubble pops and you suck it back into your mouth chewing on the gum before flattening it and blowing another bubble as you yell at the twins over text.

That's when Kenma decides to make his move. Kenma, as much as Kuroo guarded him, was very much aware of his space when playing his games. But you... you seemed to be focused on your phone and your phone only.

Kenma places his gaze back on his PSP and decided to walk into you in order to catch your attention before he lost all of his nerve. Kenma takes a deep breath and steels his nerves before beginning to walk forward.

One step.
Then two..
Then three...
Then—!

Kenma steps to the side away from you and speeds up in order to pass you quickly, hoping to just avoid you entirely.

"Oh," You pause in your texting, head tilting upwards and looking behind you to see a certain pudding haired male speed walking past you. "Good morning Kenma san."

Kenma pauses, stiffening and hunching in on himself. "Ah," He turns around slowly, eyes not quite meeting your eyes "Hello L/N san."

"Please just call me Y/N. I mean I do call you by your first name. And since i'm the volleyball manager now you can just call me by my first name."

Kenma nods "Right. Well, this was a nice conversation L--Y/N san." Kenma gives you a nod before bidding you a goodbye and rushing off once more.

Kenma was internally cursing himself. He was able to talk to you normally at the cafe with Kuroo, why couldn't he do it now?? Kenma mentally blanks for a second, this time he was without a certain bed headed male. Maybe... maybe that was it?

Still staring at the spot that Kenma had been standing before he ran off you heave out a sigh. Kenma totally hates me... and here i thought we were doing better after that day at the cafe...

You shut off your phone and sigh once more, finally heading to class.

***

You couldn't go to Fukurodani's practice match and would not doubt hear Bokuto complaining about it the next time you saw him. But it wasn't really your fault.

You had ice skating practice and had finally gotten around to texting Tendou (after you finally figured out who was spamming you with sad faces and playful questions of why they were being ignored). Honestly it was more of Tendou's fault for not letting you know that it was him when he first texted. But he was quick to get over it once you explained what happened.

Other than the whole Kenma thing your day wasn't even all that bad. The Kenma thing wasn't bad either it just made you kind of upset above all else. But like Kuroo explained in one of his story times about Kenma: it takes the cat like male a while to warm up to people. (Unless your that Hinata guy Kuroo grumbled about stealing Kenma's attention sometimes).

You place your phone down and gently rest your backpack against your door. You unzip your jacket and place it on the back of your chair. Tomorrow was Thursday and after that you had to catch a train to Miyagi again.

You fall into your desk and without missing a beat flip on your lamp and take out your science notebook. You had a test in two weeks but we're completely lost on the material you had to memorize in order to pass let alone ace it.

Your phone pings and before you can stop yourself your already reaching out to grab it.

A/N:
This was seriously just a filler chapter with pretty much no plot advancing elements and switched P.O.V. a lot.
My bad y'all. I had a long few days and wanted to get something out, but at least when i wrote this i got some clues as to what i'm going to do in my next chapter so don't worry. I'm hoping the next one will be a lot better.