𝟬𝟮𝟲. bagman and crouch

ღ chapter twenty six( bagman and crouch )

chapter twenty six
( bagman and crouch )

JULES DISENTANGLED HERSELF from Hermione and got to her feet. They had arrived on what appeared to be a deserted stretch of misty moor, and in front of them was a pair of tired and grumpy-looking wizards, one of whom was holding a large gold watch, the other a thick roll of parchment and a quill. 

Both were dressed as Muggles, though very inexpertly, as the man with the watch wore a tweed suit with thigh-length galoshes; his colleague, a kilt and a poncho. 

"Morning, Basil," Mr. Weasley greeted, picking up the boot and handing it to the kilted wizard, who threw it into a large box of used Portkeys beside him; Harry could see an old newspaper, an empty drinks can, and a punctured football. 

"Hello there, Arthur," Basil replied wearily. "Not on duty, eh? It's all right for some- we've been here all night... You'd better get out of the way, we've got a big party coming in from the Black Forest at five-fifteen. Hang on, I'll find your campsite- Weasley... Weasley..." 

He consulted his parchment list. "About a quarter of a mile's walk over there, first field you come to. Site manager's called Mr. Roberts. Diggory... second field, ask for Mr. Payne." 

"Thanks, Basil," Mr. Weasley replied, and he beckoned everyone to follow him. They set off across the deserted moor, unable to make out much through the mist. After about twenty minutes, a small stone cottage next to a gate swam into view. Beyond it, Jules could just make out the ghostly shapes of hundreds and hundreds of tents, rising up the gentle slope of a large field toward a dark wood on the horizon. 

They said good-bye to the Diggorys and approached the cottage door, where a man was standing in the doorway, looking out at the tents. Jules knew at a glance that this was the only real Muggle for several acres. When he heard their footsteps, he turned his head to look at them. 

"Morning!" Mr. Weasley greeted brightly. 

"Morning," the Muggle said wearily. "Would you be Mr. Roberts?" 

"Aye, I would," Mr. Roberts replied. "And who're you?" 

"Weasley- two tents, booked a couple of days ago?"