𝟬𝟯𝟬. aboard the hogwarts express

ღ chapter thirty( aboard the hogwarts express )

chapter thirty
( aboard the hogwarts express )

RAIN SPLASHED JULIET'S freshly shined Dr. Martens, causing the girl to step gingerly as she made her way to the platform, Cordelia gently holding her shoulder. Jules had cried as the hugged her father goodbye in his normal form back at the manor, but he had taken a hefty dose of polyjuice potion, enough to last him hours, looking like a muggle man back at the village. He looked funny, with honey brown hair and a pot-belly bursting at the seams of an overcoat.

"We'll miss you," Cordelia smiled softly. "Could you get these onto the train for her?" she added, the porter nodding and hoisting Juliet's trunk up.

"Don't cause too much mischief," Sirius added. "Even if you're the child of the best pranksters Hogwarts has ever seen."

"I'll write every week," Jules smiled softly.

Cordelia pulled her into a crushing hug, cupping Juliet's cheeks in her palms. "There's something we've actually been meaning to tell you darling. I've only just found out and it's far too early to even say this will go through-"

Jules arched her brow. "What do you mean?"

"I'm pregnant-" Cordelia stammered. "Three weeks along according to the Mediwitch I saw earlier this morning, but I didn't want to tell you in a letter, so now you know."

"Oh my god!" Jules squeaked, excited. "That's so exciting!"

The train whistled, signaling it was about to leave. "Go on," Sirius smiled. "You don't want to be late."

She threw her arms around her parents, hugging them tightly one last time. "Stay safe, and write!"

"Have fun at school darling! This year is going to be something to look forward to- find Aster on the train, won't you, and sit with her?"

Jules nodded, tears blurring her vision as she stepped onto the train, watching as it pulled out of the station, leaving her parents shrinking figures in the distance. They disapparated before the train even rounded the corner.

She started searching the train for Aster, and found her in the hallway just outside of the compartment where Harry, Hermione, and Ron were just sitting down. Thick rain splattered the windows, making it hard to see anything beyond a blurry haze of water on the windows.

"Come," Jules smiled, pulling Aster's arm and dragging her into the compartment. "Hello!"

"Jules!" Hermione exclaimed, tackling the girl in a hug. "There's so much we need to fill you in on- hello Aster!"

Aster smiled, dropping into the seat next to Harry. "How does the sorting ceremony work? I'm supposed to find a Professor McGonagall as soon as I get off the train to be sorted privately."