CH. 46 And, We All Fall Down...

As Scotty and I walked down the school hallways together, I couldn't help but stare over at him.

The way his blonde hair bounced over his dark eyes— they looked blank. Void of all emotion.

We hadn't spoken a word since we exited his car, vowing a silent goodbye to each other.

I wasn't sure what this whole "friends" thing would entail. I didn't know if he thought that it meant Cameron and I would be hanging out with him and the sophomore boys. I wanted to, no doubt about it. But the implications between Scotty and I would never allow such a thing to happen.

Just as we came down the hallway that branched off into the cafeteria, Scotty took the turn without another word— entering the cafeteria as normal.

As if nothing had just happened between us.

As if we hadn't totally just confessed everything we all-too brutally felt between each other, and everything we selfishly lusted for.

I stared at his back, watching as he met up with his group of friends at their lunch table.

I felt my heart drop the second he sat down— right in between the two blonde girls that always accompanied the sophomore boys during lunch.

The girls smiled, hugging on Scotty and making a smile appear on his face from their outward affection.

I tucked my lips in, turning my gaze away from Scotty's happy demeanor and directing my attention to the hallway in front of me.

I couldn't let it get to me. Him. I couldn't let him get to me.

Even through the jealousy and greed I felt just watching his face light up for other girls— I just couldn't let him get to me.

Or else... I'd destroy myself from the inside out.

As I reached the infamous detention room, I opened the door slowly, trying not to make a sound.

Unluckily, the door creaked and two pairs of eyes snapped up to meet mine.

I gave a mental eye-roll; immediately putting up a facade to cover my emotions.

Kade nodded his head at me, ushering me over with a wave of his fingers.

I smiled weakly, returning a shy wave to Kade as I drug myself across the classroom to sit by him and Flynn.

As I sat, Flynn rose his eyebrows up, "Nice of you to finally show up," He said with a slight smirk on his lips, "How'd the tutoring go?"

I let out a slight sigh of relief, knowing that my white-lie Cameron relayed had passed their lie detectors.

I was in the clear for now. They had no idea I had just been with Scotty— the boy who was undoubtedly off-limits.

I cleared my throat, coughing loudly to cover up my unease, "It went well, Mr. Edwards helped a lot," I lied through my teeth as I gave a reassuring smile.

Kade grinned over to me, "See, you just have to apply a little extra effort, Vi!" He said happily, bringing out a hand to pat my back in congratulation.