𝟬𝟯𝟲. haunted soul

ღ chapter thirty six( haunted soul )

chapter thirty six
( haunted soul )

THE SHOCK LEFT Jules restless when she tried to go to bed, and she found herself getting dressed past midnight, donning trousers and a cozy jumper Uncle Moony had gifted her, throwing her hair into messy plaits, pulling on thick woolen socks and her Dr. Martens. She hadn't seen Harry after his announcement, and had been ushered back to her common room, leaving her worried.

She found herself sneaking to the kitchens after making sure Juno was sound asleep on her bed, (he liked to roam the grounds, meaning she wouldn't see him for days at a time).

It was quiet as it usually was in the halls, and she managed to make her way all the way to the kitchens without getting caught, surprised to find someone in there. Aster was holding a cup of hot chocolate and reading, a platter of pastries and sandwiches on the table. A house-elf appeared with a pop. "Would you like something Miss Black?"

"Hot chocolate,  would be great," Jules smiled.

The elf nodded, and apparated over to a spot with a pop, busying herself in making the drink. "Hey!" Jules greeted. "Couldn't sleep?"

"No," Aster grumbled, carefully shutting the leather-bound book she has been poring over, Interpretation of Birth Charts Grade 6. A sixth year Divination text-book perhaps lent by Professor Trelawney. "How the hell did Harry get selected?"

Jules accepted the hot chocolate the elf brought over and slid across from Aster, who was also in a baggy jumper, though hers was paired with a long white skirt and oxfords. "You don't believe he put his name in, do you?"

Aster grinned wryly. "I'm not stupid Jules. He's not powerful enough to hoodwink a magical object."

"And you like him," Jules teased, a rosy blush flushing Aster's cheeks. "Is it the hair? The green eyes? The scar? Oh, the fame!"

"Stop!" Aster protested. "He's just cute. It's a little crush, and it's not like he is crushing back either. Doesn't he have a crush on the Weasley girl, Ginny?"

Jules sipped at her hot chocolate. "Snog him before you lose the chance. He's going to get real popular with some of the ladies soon."

Aster fidgeted with the silver locket she always wore, Jules finally getting a look at the pretty designs engraved into it, along with the initials S.M. and M.M. "Do you have a picture in there?"

"It was gifted to my mum, Stevie, from my mum Marlene for their year anniversary. I keep the picture from the day they adopted me in it, along with a picture of Aunt Mary, Winston, and the family cat, Ziggy," Aster said softly, opening it to show Jules. "This is Marlene," she said, pointing out a woman with wild blond hair holding a small baby up in the air, nose to nose. It was a wizarding photograph, so it moved, and as Marlene shifted, Stevie came into view, causing Jules to gasp.