𝟬𝟯𝟵. just like heaven

ღ chapter thirty nine( just like heaven )

chapter thirty nine
( just like heaven )

"JUST HOLD STILL, I'm almost done."

"My hair doesn't have to look like the Mona Lisa, Calliope."

"Shh. You asked for my help with your hair, and when I do someone's hair it has to look perfect—and done."

Jules smiled, glancing at the perfect curls in the mirror. Her makeup was as perfect as she could attempt to do it, and all she had to do was change into her dress robes. The last bits of term had slipped away in a flurry of preparing for the Yule Ball, finding dates, and the teachers being extremely tough on them.

Calliope let out a low whistle. "That color is absolutely perfect on you."

Jules smoothened the dark blue material that twinkled and shimmered in the light, one that her mother had picked out because she insisted it brought out her eyes and it truly did. She was slender and pale, long arms spilling from the beaded straps, dark blue spiraling towards floor. The bodice fit snugly before the gossamer fabric exploded towards the ground, and she felt like a princess as she twirled through the Ravenclaw fourth year dormitory.

Calliope laughed, radiant in a deep mauve shade that brought out her taupe skin and sparkling hazel eyes. "You said your date was meeting you in the entrance hall at seven... it's five minutes till."

She spun around in a circle one again, laughing excitedly as the fabric twirled with her, before shrugging her leather jacket over her shoulders. There was still a small pile of presents in her trunk that she'd opened this morning, and she was wearing the heirloom necklace Sirius had gifted her. He loved showering her with gifts but he said that it wasn't spoiling, just making up for the time they'd lost.

She had the bracelet Hermione had given her around her right wrist, and Harry had thoughtfully bought her a box of her favorite sweets and a pair of earrings with a blue stone embedded in them. Coincidentally, they matched her dress so she ended up wearing them. Ron had given her some silver hair clips, one of which had been pinned into her hair. She loved carrying little pieces of her friends wherever she went.

"Save a dance for me?" Jules called, as she adjusted the laces on her brand new Dr. Martens, which were a shiny matte black and didn't have any scuffs on them yet. She'd also gotten a pair of burgundy ones that she hadn't worn yet, but was planning to soon. The old pair she had were worn out from how much she'd worn them because she had an affinity for muggle shoes of all kinds. The wizard kind were much too uncomfortable. 

"You still won't tell me who you're going with," Calliope smiled softly. "Anyways I have to go meet Theo, he wanted to be there early."

Jules walked side-by-side with Calliope all the way until the latter disappeared into the corridor that led to the Slytherin common room. She spotted her date standing all the way on the other side of hall, and snuck up on her, digging her fingers into their sides.