Part 2

Eric was antsy. He usually got nervous before a battle. The quiet, the stillness. It was unsettling. But this time he was on edge. Eric felt like he needed to hurry for some reason. Like he was slowly being pulled towards the enemy's camp. Shrugging it off as the normal pre-battle jitters, he turned towards his second.

"Anything?" Doyle knew what he was asking about.

"The scouts should be getting back in a minute, general." His voice was very flat, and he used Eric's title, telling him that Doyle was also a bit nervous.

A few seconds later horses could be heard coming. Eric gripped his sword, in case it was the Ura clan, Doyle doing the same. As the two horses exited the trees, the two males instantly recognized the twins and relaxed. The twins were the best scouts they had and could blend into anything and everything. Part of the reason they've never lost a battle was because of the intel they got.

"Anything new?" Eric asked. They had been keeping an eye on the camp for days now, but there was always the possibility that something changed. Or that they had spotted something they overlooked.

"Yeah." One of the twins, Parker, answered. Both Eric and Doyle stiffened. The battle was about to begin and Eric didn't need any holes in his plan. It only added to his anxiety when Parker didn't continue.

"Well?" Eric asked, his voice laced with irritation.

"There seems to be some kind of healer on sight," Logan said for his brother. 

Eric narrowed his eyes, the healer wouldn't be a problem, but it was strange that the twins hadn't seen them until now. Parker seemed to read his mind and answered the question he was about to ask. "We think they keep her stashed away and guarded. Probably to make sure she isn't hurt or killed." Strange. Practical, but strange. Healers were few and far between. If they kept her guarded maybe she had healing magic, which was even rarer.

"The only reason we saw her was because she was walking to the war tent," Logan added. Strange indeed. But it didn't matter now. She would be dealt with, the same as the rest of her clan.

⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯

Demi was settling into what she called a healer calm when the battle started. It was quite bizarre, to be honest. Everything got dead quiet for a minute, and then it sounded like all hell broke loose. Swords were clanging and yelling everywhere. Wounded were being brought in at a constant rate, too fast for her to keep up. Noah and Taj had finally stepped in to help when it became clear she couldn't do everything.

Demi shouted orders at the two while she worked on her patients. It was kind of funny, ordering warriors around when usually they ordered her around. The two men had no experience, but they made do.

Demi had started to slip in and out of her body. Sometimes she knew exactly what she was doing and each movement was precise and calculated. Other times, instinct took over, and her mind faded to something else than the person in front of her. Even amid the chaos, she was calm. She had actually come to like battles because the control calmed her. Demi didn't control anything in her life, but in this moment she had full command of her actions. It always felt empowering.

For the millionth time today, Demi felt a slight pull. From what she could tell, it was leading outside the camp. She would've followed it were it not for the guards. Pushing it aside Demi went back to work, she couldn't afford any distractions right now.

⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯

Eric dodged the sword that was aimed for his gut. It would've hit home if Doyle hadn't yelled at him. Normally, Eric would have won this fighting an instant, but he was distracted yet again. A strong tug in his gut was pulling him towards the center of the camp. Trying his best to ignore it Eric quickly went over the battle.

They had come in quietly, not announcing their attack with a horn or any other type of signal. With such a large clan, it was better to use the element of surprise. They also came in quick, taking out the patrols around the outskirts first, and moved in on foot. By the time the 200 something warriors left the trees, alarms were blaring in the Ura camp.

All hell had broken loose after that. Swords clashed and soldiers fell, all from the Urans. Eric's men were the best, and he had no doubt they'd win this fairly quickly once Elena, the chief, was down. Returning his mind to the warrior in front of him, Eric swiftly disarmed him and knocked him down. His magic reached out, and vines were instantly around the male, keeping him from getting up.

He was about to help Doyle with the two men he was fighting when he felt the tugging in his gut intense. He also felt a surge of fear that almost buckled his knees. Eric let his gut guide him, not even bothering with caution. Something was wrong, but he didn't know what. His uncertainty didn't slow him though. 

~

Please vote, comment, etc. and have a great day!