Chapter 6

Minal stood near her window, looking out. Every moment that she spent here, came back to her mind. She had been in Bangalore since she was Anayra's age. Coming back to the same place, brought a sense of happiness within her, along with a fear to turn back to her past.

Neither did she want to meet him or his family nor did she want to think about them. It was Anayra's first day of school in Bangalore.

"Di, I will go to pick Anayra from school?" Maahi asked, as she wore her jacket, and fixed her hair.

"You're going out? Then you can go, I will go and get her. She joined in mid of the term, so I wanted to talk to her teacher as well. I will go." Minal replied. She took her hand bag, and drove to the school.

"Hello, I am Ayan!" He said as they both were coming out of the class.

"I'm Anayra!" She replied with a smile. Both of them came out of the school, and Ayan saw his mother standing near the gate. He ran towards her, and hugged her.

"How was your day baby?" She asked taking his bag from him.

"It was good mama. You know we got a new project to make, and I made a new friend today. Meet Anayra!" Ayan said turning towards Anayra.

"Hello Aunty!" Anayra said gesturing for a handshake. Anaya smiled at her, and shook her hand with her.

"Your name is so cute, just like you!" Anaya said, with a smile. "Thank you aunty." She replied.

"Your mama didn't come yet? I will wait with you, till she's here okay?" Anaya said.

"But mama, we need to make the project together, so can we take Anayra home, with us?" Ayan asked softly.

"Oh, we will wait for her mama, and I will ask her permission first." Anaya said. Till then Minal reached there.

"Anayra!" Minal called her out, and went to her.

"Mama, this is Ayan, and she is Ayan's mama." Anayra introduced them to Minal.

"Oh nice to meet you, I am minal!" She said with a smile.

"I am Anaya. Actually, Ayan and Anayra, have got a project to make, so I wanted you to send her to my house today, if you don't have any problem?" Anaya asked.

"Mama, can you take us to have ice cream, please!" Ayan asked. "You join us, we will go to the ice cream parlour nearby." Anaya invited them. All four of them went to the ice cream parlour, and took a seat there.

"Were they told about the project today itself? Actually, Anayra joined in middle of the term."

"Oh why so?" Anaya inquired.

"We all stayed in Mumbai before. Now, Anayra got her admission here, and her father signed a project in Bangalore, so we shifted few days back itself." Minal replied.

"Oh that's nice. You are always welcome to my house, and Anayra can come with me right?" She asked.

"Yeah sure! I will come to pick her up in the evening, or I will send her father." Minal answered.

"No problem, I will drop her home. You stay in a joint family here?" Anaya asked.

"No, I live with my sister here. My parents are with my brother, in UK. What about you?"

"I live in a joint family, with my mother in law, my husband, his brother and Ayan." Anaya replied with a slight smile.

"Oh, that's nice. I am sorry, but I think I should leave now, because there is so much of shifting work still left. And just give me a call, you can take my number. I will come and pick her up." Minal said and got up.

"You need not worry Minal. I will drop her home. It was nice meeting you, come home some day, you're always welcome!" Anaya said with a smile.

"Yeah sure. The same goes for you. Thank you, bye Anayra, don't trouble aunty okay?" Minal said and hugged Anayra before leaving.

"Ayan stop playing with that spoon, eat fast, or else it will melt!" Anaya said.

"So how was your first day in school? Are you liking this school?" She asked Anayra.

"It's really nice aunty. And now I have a new friend too. The school is so big, just like how I saw in the TV. There are two big play grounds, and all teachers are so nice." Anayra said happily.

"That's really good to hear. Ayan, Anayra finish your ice creams, then we will go home. You are excited to make the project?" Anaya asked.

"Yes mama!" Ayan replied. "Once you complete, you can play cricket with Anayra!" Anaya said.

"Girls don't know how to play cricket!" Ayan said with a laugh, and Anayra glared at him.

"You know, my mama says, there is nothing that girls can't do! And I love cricket and football, I can play better than you!" Anayra said with a frown.

"Girls don't play such games!" Ayan said turning towards her.

"Who said? I love playing them. I will show you today." Anayra replied.

"But-"

"Ayan, stop fighting! Girls can also play cricket, there's nothing wrong in that, baby!" Anaya said, as she looked at Anayra with a smile.

Anayra is going to meet Asad!?

How was the update?
Thank you for reading❤️