Chapter 4

Tanna Carson

"Okay no wait, let's go to the front garden." I say, picking up my camera and running down the stairs with Alex trailing behind me.

"Okay woah, you're gonna make us both fall Tan." He says laughing, trying not to trip or stand on the back of my dress. "We made it down in one piece." I giggle at him, rolling my eyes before walking out the front door.

"Okay go stand there." I say pointing to the handmade flower garden on the wall as I fiddle with my cameras settings.

"Still as into photography as ever."

"I mean I'd hope so, majoring in it next year remember?" I ask teasingly which causes him to smile.

"I never forgot." He smiles as I lift the camera up to my eye, focusing the lens on him.

"Just look at the camera Al." He obliges, staring directly at the camera. Just as I press my finger down on the shutter, he lifts his one arm out in front of him and poses.

"Really Al?" I say laughing, moving the camera away from my face to see the cheeky smile on his face. "I think I found a new wallpaper, but come on, one normal one for my portfolio. Please?"

He stands still, looking at the camera again, allowing me to snap a few photos of him.

"Shouldn't you be in the photos with me?" He asks teasingly but as I'm about to respond, my mom beats me to it.

"She definitely should. Now come to the patio, your father and I want to take some pictures of you two as well." I laugh softly, telling her that we're coming before she walks inside.

I take Alex's hand in mine as we walk inside together. I quickly stop in the living room, placing my camera in the cupboard before the two of us walk outside.

"Come here you two." My mom says, pointing to the steps on the patio in front of the deck.

My mom stands there, talking to us as my dad takes the photos with his own camera.

"Can we do some in the garden?"

"Ma, you know we need to get going." I say, but give in as I see the happiness in her eyes. "Okay a few more and then we're leaving."

We walk into the garden, standing by the flower arch so that we could take the photos.

"I'm sorry, you know how my parents are." I say smiling up at him, holding the sides of his suit jacket in my hands as I straighten it out. "You look very handsome."

"I do don't I?"

"I'm not even going to argue." I say laughing at the cocky remark, knowing he was only joking but truthfully, I adore how confident he's become.

"Anyways, you parents are practically my second set of parents. We both know it would be ten times worse if my parents were also here." I laugh and nod my head at the thought of our moms together taking an endless amount of photos.

"You look so beautiful Tan." He says genuinely, looking down into my eyes as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"I d-"

"Nope, just accept it, you know I don't lie to you yeah?" I nod softly in response before moving my arms around his neck to hug him.

"I've missed you so much, you honestly have no idea." I sigh, feeling his arms tighten around my waist.

"I might have an idea because I think I missed you just as much. Actually scratch that, definitely more." I pull back, pouting teasingly which makes him laugh and I start laughing as well.

The camera shutter going off in the background makes me turn my head to my parents, still wrapped in Alex's arms.

"They've been taking photos this whole time haven't they." I say, turning to look back at Alex as he just nods.

"Okay you two, you're free to go." My mom says, hugging both of us as we climb into the car with my dad. "Enjoy tonight."

The drive wasn't long, considering Ryan lived about two roads down, but I was not really in the mood to walk all the way there in heels.

I took Alex's hand as we got out the car and walked into Ryan's house, seeing everyone standing around, talking and taking photos.

I wouldn't say that I was the most touchy-feely person, but with Alex, that factor didn't even come into play.

People constantly assumed that we were a couple by the way we were always holding hands, or by the way I was always in his arms.

Not even five steps into the garden of people, I see Ella perk up as she walks over excitedly.

"Whose house is this again?" 

"Ryan."

"Ryan as in y-"

"Mmhm. Oh look here's Ella."

"Ahh, you're actually here." She says happily, with a huge smile across her face.

"I did say I'd be here." I say furrowing my eyebrows slightly, but my smile not fading. I watch as here yes widen as they land on Alex. "El, this is Alex, Al, this is Ella."

"Hey Ella, nice to finally meet you." He says flashing a smile at her.

"Hi Ella, I'm Ale- nope that's not right." I can't help but laugh at her reaction to the fact that a member of Sunset Curve was in front of her.

Alex just tilts his head slightly with a friendly smile as Ella shakes her head, snapping out of her Daze.

"Okay so first of all, I'm Ella, it's lovely to meet you as well. Secondly I love Sunset Curve's music."

Alex's smile widens at her words and his eyes light up at the mention of his and the boys' songs.

"Thank you, I'm glad you like the band." His smile never leaving his face.

"So, still a mystery?" I ask her teasingly as I tilt my head to Alex.

"I'm not gonna lie, I was doubting it all, but now, not in the slightest." I laugh, seeing as she's still shocked from meeting Alex. "Okay come, we need some pictures."

She walks into the crowd as I watch her walk over to where Adam was standing and waiting for her.

"More pictures?" He leans down to whisper in my ear which causes me to giggle in response.

I sigh, dragging him over to where Ella and Adam were as I watch people's gazes fall onto Alex with wide eyes.

"More pictures."