18

Dream spent what felt like hours in that corner. He'd ended up falling asleep at some point again. Sleeping seemed to be a very easy way to pass time when you are in a plain cell.

He'd woken up to the same eerie silence. He curled his tail around himself. He wasn't used to everything being so cold. His ears twitched when he heard footsteps from down the hall.

The door began to open and Dream bolted up, ready to attack whatever or whoever was there and run, but instead was grabbed before he could do anything. He puffed in annoyance.

He knew not to fight back now and let himself get dragged to a new room. He was strapped to another chair. No surprise there. He tilted his head and looked around curiously. He shifted his gaze back to the man, who had a sharp object in his hand. Dream couldn't see well enough to tell what it was.

Dream fidgeted uneasily in the chair. He watched the man turn around and squinted at him. A knife. The mother fucker had a knife.

Dream blanked out for a moment. Why the hell did this dude have a knife? He can't kill him. At least, he didn't think he could. The blonde didn't think being double dead was a thing.

Dream's eyes widened in realization. He knew exactly what was going to happen and began to pull frantically against the straps. He growled in frustration and flailed some more, to no avail. He flopped in the chair, eyeing the man nervously as he approached.

He watched the man raise the knife before clamping his eyes shut. He stiffened and turned his head away, his ears pinned against his head. He felt the knife dig into his arm and bit back any sort of sign of pain. He didn't want to come off as weak.

He gave a slight whimper before stopping himself, his hand was balled into a fist as he tried to force himself to focus on anything but the pain.

He gasped for air and bit his lip, he turned back, his eyes meeting a bloody gash. The man seemed to be studying it too.

He looked up, mildly annoyed. " Oh, now you're going to leave me to bleed out, huh? " He snarled, angry with everything. His tail lashed furiously.

The man glared at him before going back to staring, though it didn't last long as he whipped around and grabbed a role of bandages.

Dream slumped in the chair, closing his eyes. He really wanted to be anywhere but where he was. His apartment in Hell, Sapnap's house, either he would've been perfectly happy with.

His wound got wrapped up and he was dragged back to his cell. Once he was tossed back in he curled up into a ball. He glanced around again. The imp's tail twitched and he listened closely. He could hear faint sounds outside of his cell. He recognized the voice. It looked like it was Eret's turn.

Dream ran forwards and tried to break down the door, which resulted in a loud thump and him tumbling backwards, dazed.

" Holy- What was that?? " He heard Eret's voice through the door.

" Just your pesky friend trying to get out or something. " The man said.

He growled and sat back. He glared daggers at the door before giving up and slumping.

He searched through his memories for anything. A fond smile spread across his face as he thought back to one of him and George meeting up.

" Dream! Why didn't you bring your cat again? " George pouted.

" Because she didn't want to come this time I guess. " He chuckled, patting George's shoulder.

George looked down before giggling. " I want a cat! Imagine a little angel cat! It would be too adorable. "

Dream grinned. " I think it would turn into a fallen angel pretty quickly. Cats listen to no one. "

George looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding. " Yeah, fair enough. " He conceded with a shrug before leaning on Dream.

" You should've seen Bad's reaction when I told him about ducks! I showed him a little pond with a family of them! I've never seen him adore something so much. He just started yelling 'Hey duckies! ' It was really funny. " George commented.

" Aww. There's no duckies in hell. So I don't know what they look like, but they sound cute. " George gasped.

" I'll have to show you one eventually! " He exclaimed eagerly.

" I'd love to see heaven ducks! " Dream agreed. " What do they look like? "

" Ducklings are like little yellow fuzz balls with tiny yellow angel wings and orange, round beaks. They've got orange legs and feet that are webbed. " The brunet explained.

" I still don't really get it, but now I'm really excited to see them! They sound weird. " Dream laughed.

" You'll see one. I promise you! I'll show you one! They're too adorable to miss out on. " George reassured. 

Too bad he never got to see one. They'd been exiled before George had a chance to lead him to the pond with the family of the odd creatures. Dream looked down and wiped at his eyes, trying not to cry. He looked over at his arm, which stung and felt numb at the same time. He grimaced and looked up at the door again. His hunger was starting to make him dizzy.

He really needed to eat soon. But what was he supposed to eat? He'd have to wait, he supposed.

They shouldn't take too long hopefully. Not too long until he'd have food. Right?