Chapter 23

Eriol felt off.

He had been feeling off for a long time but more so tonight.

He had listened in on Y/N's memory of her ex. Eriol shaking in anger when she had finished.

Why would anyone want to hurt her? Why was it that even in a different world there was nothing but cruelty?

Eriol sat in the bush, staring up at the night sky, and wishing he could sleep.

His mind scared him.

The worst part, was while he was angry that Y/N's ex ever hurt her, he almost felt in a way he could relate.

Of course, he would never hurt Y/N, but...

He wondered if there would be a day if he could hurt her without even realizing.

Without really meaning too.

He fretted in the bushes that night.

Not sleeping and thinking all night long.

When the morning came, the tired group washed themselves at a small spring they found nearby.

Eating some fruit and meat they had already packed away.

Y/N especially felt bad.

She herself didn't sleep the night before.

The thoughts of her ex had plagued her mind.

The memories stuck once she spoken about him.

Memories she wished so hard she could forget.

It was a tough day for her as they walked towards their destination. Well except for Rys who flew around above them.

The air was hot and Flower had mentioned that they were 'close by'.

"I do have to warn you all. The merman were going to meet is a little eccentric.. Most mermaids shy away from humans but this one is young. He will be very curious about Y/N. Maybe even try to steal her away".

Eriol stared at him incredulously as they pushed through a wooded area.

"If he's going to try to kidnap her then why are we meeting this fish?"

"Because he knows the route to the dragons cave. Plus he's not so bad. He's just young and a tad.. what's the word? Oh yeah stupid". Flower said brightly as the others shook their heads.

Y/N's head was pounding as she shook slightly.

The idea of a merman trying to drown her wasn't very pleasing at all.

Rys flew down to her and hugged her backside.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen". He said soothingly and then flew back up as she looked up at his shimmering wings.

Adam had kept quiet this entire time. His mind was on Y/N and also on Eriol. His worry growing more and more as they neared to where the merman lived.

After about 10 more minutes of walking, Y/N was sweating as Flower announced they had arrived.

She realized they were at a lake. A huge one where the water looked blue but also very clear.

The area was calm and peaceful as Flower knelt down near the lakes edge.

He let out a high pitched type of whistle which made them all jump (apart from Rys). And they watched in fascination as the water seemed to ripple in effect.

Eriol jumped to Y/N's side when they saw a shadowy figure swim towards them at an alarmingly fast speed.

The merman popped his head out of the water looking at Flower.

Y/N stared at him in amazement as she watched Flower converse to him in what seemed to be the merman's language.

The merman propped his arms on land, a strange type of mound seemed to form next to him as he looked at the group curiously.

He was quite beautiful himself.

His long black hair and glistening eyes that seemed to have every color in them twinkled at Y/N. His face looked young and pale ish but with a blue tint.

Flower got up, turning back to the others with a smile on his relaxed face.

"His name is Diem. He said he will take us but he wants to be able to touch Y/N's hair".

That startled Y/N as she glanced at the merman who was staring at her with intense curiousity.

"No".

Came Eriols voice sounding dark.

Y/N wanted to roll her eyes at him.

Eriols strange possessiveness was starting to really get on her nerves.

"Actually Eriol I will let him touch my hair. I don't think he's going to do anything". She said giving Eriol a glare and then glancing at Adam.

He had a thoughtful look on his face but nodded to Y/N to go to the waters edge. Thought he closely observed her as she walked over.

Y/N crouched down and gazed at the merman.

He smiled at her, and reached out a strangely webbed hand, touching her hair.

His wet (fingers?) laced through her hair as he let out a coo.

Then he did something surprising.

He suddenly pushed himself out of the water and kissed her.

It was rather sudden as Y/N's eyes widened.

His lips were soft but wet from the water. An odd smell of what seemed like coconuts and peaches emitted from him.

Diem giggled as he plopped himself back into the water.

"You're a cute human". He suddenly spoke his voice was more on the childish and more on the high pitched side.

Y/N was still stunned as Eriol was fuming behind her.

Adam was fretting and Rys was just watching.

But Flower stood near them his arms crossed. The strange smile still on his face.

His eyes watching Y/N sputter something out to Diem.

Her cheeks turning red . Flower really wanted to laugh.

Humans from other worlds were almost always cute.

But then again, that never lasted long.

Especially after they started to change.

And as the small group was situated, a red haired woman stared at them from up in the sky, her red hair flowing as she frowned.

"So. You're going to try to leave huh? Too bad that won't happen. You silly little human". She snickered as she looked at Y/N.

A hungry glint in her eyes as dark clouds started to form in the sky behind her.

(Happy Halloween! I hope y'all are safe and have fun doing whatever you guys decide to do. I put up the meme above just for kicks. 😈)