(3)

TW: Homophobic slur

Oikawa's POV

I heard the door slam as my dad stormed out of the house once again. Loud footsteps on the stairs followed shortly after. What a normal Saturday morning. This seemed to be a routine, and not just on Saturdays. Everyday my mom would argue with my dad, usually about me, and my dad would storm off. He'd drink all day then come back, eat dinner, and pass out. Luckily for both of us my dad was the type of person who got extremely tired when he drank, meaning he didn't have the energy to keep an argument. However something about today was different, instead of stomping off to her room like normal my mom came to my room instead.

"Tooru," She peeked through my door, despite her previously argument her voice was calm. Almost as if she thought I'd break if she talked to loudly. "I'm going to go out for a bit, okay?" She smiled and stared at me with sad eyes. I was kind of confused, something was off here but I couldn't place it. Maybe it's my imagination I mean it is early. I nodded my head slowly making it obvious I didn't get what was going on. She didn't comment on it though or clear up any of the confusion. "Be good, remember I love you." She blew me a kiss, waved, and shut my door quietly.

I heard her rummage through her room, then the living room, before leaving in a hurry. The car screeched out of the drive way and sped down the street. Alright I doubt that was my imagination, what happened? I peaked my head out of my door and into the empty hallway. However, I immediately retracted it when I heard the front door swing out.

"Tooru!" My dad's voice boomed from down the steps. I slammed my bedroom door closed and locked it, quickly retreating to the same hiding place I went to every time. I used the ledge outside my window to hoist myself up onto my roof, usually I do this at night and watch the stars but considering it's a little after 9 am there aren't many stars to watch. Instead I pulled out my phone to text the one person I wanted to.

Saturday 9:10 am

You
Hey Iwa-chan~

Iwa-chan
I told you not to call me that

You
Would u be mad if I said that was ur name in my phone?

Iwa-chan
Yes
Is that my name in ur phone?

You
No :p

Iwa-chan
Fine would u be made if I said ur name was shittykawa in my phone then

You
:o
You wouldn't dare

Iwa-chan
Watch me

You
:'(

Iwa-chan
Is there a reason u txted me
I'm trying to study here

You
No reason just bored :)
Anyways get back to studying then

Iwa-chan
...

You
What?

Iwa-chan
Usually u'd tell me to talk to u instead of studying
U good?

You
Fine :)
I just know u've got midterms coming up and those r kinda important ig

Iwa-chan
Wow didn't think u could think rationally

You
:(
Iwa-chan that's mean

Iwa-chan
Don't call me that

You
Whatever you say Iwa-chan

Iwa-chan
I'm leaving

You
Bye Iwa-chan!!