ron weasley : trembling

A gush of wind and magic filled Rons room, but only enough to cause him to groan and roll over to the opposite side of his bed. He tugged his blanket further up his shoulders and settled deeper into his pillow, completely ignorant to the shaking girl standing in the middle of his room.

(Y/N) held her arms tightly, finger nails driving into the fabric of her tattered jacket, as if to make herself a smaller target to whatever was searching her out. Her feet landed gently on the creeky floor boards of the youngest Weasley boys bedroom.

She didn't want to wake him, she truly didn't, but (Y/N) wasn't sure if she could stand on her own for much longer. "Ron." (Y/N) flinched at her own voice, there was a sharp crack in the middle of his already short name as it rolled off her lips. Not to mention that her voice was barely audible, even in the motionless room she stood in.

(Y/N) could feel tears burning against the large gashes across her face, "Ron." She tried again, this time her voice came out more as a cry as apposed to her simply calling for him attention.

Ron could have sworn he was dreaming when he heard her voice, it wasn't uncommon for him to dream of her, but it was unusual for her to sound so distraught in his dreams. Usually when he dreamed of (Y/N) she was laughing, at something he said, and there was a large grin on her lips as she brushed through her hair with one hand while the other was placed on his chest.

It wasn't until Ron heard her voice again that he realized he hadn't been dreaming.

He shot up in his bed, blinking to adjust his eyes to the darkness of his bedroom. "(Y/N)?" Ron asked carefully, still not convinced that she was really here.

(Y/N) tried to call him name again but when she opened her mouth all that came out was a twisted sob. All the energy she had been using to hold herself up, to get herself here, was gone when she saw his face. Despite all that had happened to her, to them, (Y/N) would always feel safe with Ron.

"Woah, easy there." Ron said, jumping from his bed as (Y/N) began to crumble to his floor. His arms wove their way around her waist, holding her fragile body against his, only now noticing the condition she was in.

Her hair was matted and bunched in every direction, creating a snarled mess no doubt. The jean jacket she had worn on their first date to Hogsmead was no torn across her chest, barley hanging on by some burn and frayed edges - her jeans looked just the same apart from obvious blood and dirt stains on her knees. Ron felt his heart clench as he saw the large cut across her face, one that he knew even with magic would leave a scar.

"(Y/N)." Ron mumbled, tugging her so that they now sat at the edge of his bed. "Bloody hell, you're trembling." He noticed as he began to peal her jacket from her skin.

Ron tried not to compare this moment to the last time he had taken clothes off of her. It had been just a few months ago, all of their friends had been out at dinner when (Y/N) had pulled him off the couch in the common room and up the stairs to his room - since he could rn climb the stairs to the girls dorms.

A few weeks later they had broken up, and hadn't spoken since.

"I'm going to grab some first aid supplies, you can take a shower or just change or - whatever you're comfortable with." Ron rambled, awkwardly grabbing at the back of his neck as he pushed off the bed and took a step towards the door to his bedroom.

(Y/N) snatched hold of his wrist before Ron could make it out of reach, her head still bowed and body still shaking.

He turned back to her carefully, not turning to quickly incase he was to scare her. "Ok may or I can stay, whatever you'd like." Ron mumbled, sinking back down beside her on the mattress. "At least let you cast a spell to clean you up and change you into something more comfortable." He said gently, his hand almost taking hold of hers.

If she was being honest (Y/N) hadn't heard most of what had come out of Ron's mouth, she was more so listening to his voice for comfort. It had been so long since she had heard his voice.

Silence feel between them as Ron grabbed his wand from on top of his bed stand, taking to muttering soft incantations. With each spell he performed Ron began to see a little more of the girl he was used to seeing, and missed. However at the same time he also kept discovering more and more injuries as he worked.

The question was sitting in the back of his throat, he was dying to know what happened and just as eager to get his hands on the responsible party. But Ron decided it was best to bite his tongue and wait for (Y/N) to tell him what had happened.

(Y/N) tried not to flinch as spells rolled of Ron's tongue, after spending the past few days only hearing spells casted at her with the intention of hurting her, it was almost hard to believe that any spell would do anything but just that. She held still as slowly she began to feel like herself bit by bit. (Y/N) also knew that Ron was right, the best way to feel better would be a shower but she couldn't even think about anything that challenging right now.

The soft sound of Ron setting his wand down almost echoed inside of his room. It was in that moment that (Y/N) realized that this was the first time she had ever been inside his room, at the Burrow at least. A soft jolt of anxiety and worry took over her as she realized where she had come after escaping a week or more of torture.

"I didn't know where else to go." She muttered, her gaze focused on her now bare feet as they dangled off the edge of Ron's bed. "I'm sorry, I should go." (Y/N) croaked, attempting to take to her feet and go somewhere; she wasn't sure where she could go, she really had no where else to go.

Ron shook his head, "You shouldn't go anywhere in the state you're in." He told her, trying to talk some sense into her. Ron should have known better by now, he knew just how stubborn she could be. "Just stay here, I'll stay on the floor."

(Y/N) broke a soft smile, "Don't be ridiculous Ron." She slid off his bed, now standing in front of him with weak legs. As much as she tired to put on brave face, (Y/N) knew that Ron knew her well enough to know when she was lying. "I can stay on the floor, it's your bed."

Ron let out a small chuckle, "That's not happening for several reasons." He began, gently taking her hand in his. "First of those being that my mother would slaughter me if she found out I'd let you sleep on the floor." Ron felt a small rush of happened over take him as she let out a breathless laugh. "And also because I care too much about you to let that happen."

(Y/N) looked down to where her hand was cradled in his. "Stay in the bed wit me." She suggested with a small shrug.

Ron looked at her in reaction, his eyes widened at her suggestion. Every part of his body immediately turned to fire, every nerve of his body screaming in excitement at the idea of even just laying beside her one more time. He would hardly admit it to anyone but the one thing he missed the most was the way she cuddled against him in the middle of the night.

He swallowed, "Are you sure?" Ron hated to give her an opportunity to turn away from him, but the last thing he wanted was for her to make a rash decision and regret it later.

"I don't really want to be alone right now." The weakness in her voice made (Y/N) cringe, she hated sounding and feeling like this.

"Okay." Ron agreed, leaning back into the bed and taking his spot against the wall on his side. He made quick work to lay out his pillows so she could have two, knowing she would either end up holding one to her chest or wrapping herself around him.

(Y/N) carefully laid down beside Ron, taking in his familiar and comforting scent as she rested her head on his pillows. A sense of safety took over her as Ron pulled a blanket over her body, careful not to touch her skin with his.

After a few moments of staring down at her, Ron cleared his throat and laid his head against his pillow. "If you need anything wake me." He whispered, feeling his eye lids growing heavy with every passing moment. "Goodnight (Y/N)."

She smiled, pushing herself closer to him in search of comfort. "Goodnight Ron." (Y/N) then, against her better judgment, gave him a swift kiss on his cheek and shutting her eyes to fall into her first sound sleep in a long time.

~~~~~~~
a/n
word count: 1621

this was cute....