Twenty-Nine

I awoke when a ray of sunshine entered through the parted curtain and an empty side of the bed came visible to my sleepy eyes. A familiar scent surrounded me when it gave me flashbacks of yesterday night, I was in Jimin's shirt and to see that he wasn't next to me made my heart sink a little.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath and just that instant the alarm clock rang. "Please stop." I mumbled as I pressed the button and silence was welcomed again. I got off the bed which resulted in a hint of pain between my legs. I grabbed my towel and left for shower.

----

Taehyung waved from far away and he started to approach me. I didn't move an inch, a light smile tugged on my face. He threw his arms on me as he hugged me tightly.

"Taehyungieee." I genuinely smiled. He freed me from his grip as he patted my head and pulled my hair a little.

"How's my gi- I mean Jimin's girl?" he smiled and my mood fast tracked to a sad one as I had flashbacks of him leaving me alone.

"Don't even talk about it."

"Why? You didn't have a wild night?" he smirked

"Yeah- wait how do you know?" I shoved his arm from my shoulder as we continued to walk.

"I guessed but now you made it obvious." he smiled as I frowned and waved him farewell. I continued to walk towards starbucks but the peculiar thoughts and flashbacks continued to take over my mind. I came to a standstill on the footpath and pulled myself to the corner.

Me: gotta talk

I sighed as I typed the text and sent it to Jimin. The next minute the device in my hand vibrated.

Jimin: starbucks. 4pm

Looks like I have to take an appointment with my own boyfriend.

I greeted Taehyun and went to the counter. I had to tell Jimin about my family background, enough with the lies. I was breaking my own promise. There was no prevention of our relationship coming to ruins if he found out that I have mafia blood.

I couldn't let the same thing happen to me and Jimin what happened to me and Jaehyun.

FLASHBACK

"Kim Yeona are you hiding something from me?" Jaehyun rubbed circles on my palm and my heartbeat was faster than light.

"No." i lied and from my tone it was quite evident that he knew it.

"You can tell anything to me. How about you start with your family background?" he shoved me away.

"Jaehyun I-"

"I literally work my fucking ass off in the police training and you're lying to me, why didn't you tell me that you were Kim Ban-Ki's daughter." he yelled at me which made me flinch. I took a step away from him as the peculiar red shade which came from embarrassment came to my cheeks.

"Jaehyun I thought you would leave me." my voice cracked as tears started pooling in my eyes.

"Well you thought it right, there's no way I'm being with a girl who has blood on her hands. I hope you move on from this summer fling." with that he left. Leaving me shattered.

Summer fling? Blood on my hands?

Fuck this family.

Fuck this feeling.

--

I sighed deeply as I waited for Jimin. It had been two hours since I had been waiting for him. The dusk started to approach and the sun hid itself.

Dragging myself, I walked outside and the warm sunset caressed my face and just that instant my wrist was wrapped with cold metal and warm skin.

"Didn't know you were so good in bed." Jimin said when I yanked his hand.

"Good in bed my ass." I whisper yelled. "I delay my fucking shifts for you, I left the university early and now you're two hours, seven minutes and twenty-eight seconds late to be precise. A fucking sorry won't do shit Jimin." I said in a profoundly loud voice because I was beyond frustrated. I was straight about this whole thing, you have to take time out if you want to make it happen. If you can't then get over with it.

"Everybody's looking at us, stop creating a scene." he tried his best to collect his calm

"We're talking in english for fuck's sake." I gasped

"Oh yeah, like we ever talked in any other language except this." we were not caring about anything except the fact that who would win at this unnecessary couple banter-fight, people were looking at us like we were talking in some alien language but at this point I didn't just simply care.

"No matter how much these guys suck at english, they understand the word 'sex' and 'fuck'." he yelled and I diverted my gaze at people around us whose eyes went wide for a second when they heard those words. Where did and how did we even reach to this topic?

"Whatever." I turned my back on him. "Don't go, it's not safe." he came in front of me.

"You're not my father."

"But I'm your daddy." at the fist minute he's calming me down, at the second he's debating on how good english can be spoken by native koreans and now here, he had a literal smirk on his face.

I shoved him away and continued my walk on an unidentified path, and the realization hit me. I  went to the segregated part of the downtown to avoid him. This wasn't the best part of this city. Vulgars, druggies, womanizers and what not roamed in his corner of the city. I managed to save my ass and Seoyun's once due to my martial arts training but that doesn't mean that I could do that everytime.

I chose to jog from this area but I was stopped by a black SUV. Two men got out of the car, dressed in black suits. They stood in front of me and before I could do anything and he held my arm.

"Bitch you're so fucked." I yanked my arm and grabbed the pocket knife I had.

I tried my best to avoid bloodshed so I grabbed one's arm and pitched the area below his elbow which made him scream. The other guy was allegedly stopped when I threw the knife on his shoulder which made his gun loosen from his gator belt.

"Rule one: always tighten your belt, now hands up." I said as the gun in my hand was pointing towards the masked man. I didn't flinch, nor did my hands shake while holding the gun. Guess I really had mafia blood.

But it was that moment which took me by storm and when overconfidence flooded the reality. It was as if a milion bullets hit my head at once, a rod came in contact with the back of my head. I moved my hand at the back of my head only to feel a hint of warm blood, the ferric smell and everything going blur was the last thing I had remembered before totally losing my consciousness. 

---

My hands were tied by a rope. I was seated on a chair and I could feel the dried blood on the roots of my hair. No matter how hard I tried to focus, my throbbing head kept me distracted. And at that point I heard a familiar voice.

"I know you're up babygirl, better open your eyes."

I opened my eyes slowly, not because he ordered me to but the voice I heard was way too familiar to be forgotten.

"Jaehyun?"

|<|Author|>|

To al my lovely, lovely, lovely readers. Shit is just getting started

Vote if the BE concept pic did blow your mind.