Part 18

Two Days Later.

Sudhadra Devi has defied the twenty four hours limit she was given by doctors to live and but she still wasn't waking up which the doctors knew is very dangerous in her condition.

Since she taken to her private room, Arnav had never left her side and only did to either clean and change or eat.

He and Khushi were now literally living in the hospital since she was admitted. They were so happy when she passed the time limit the doctors gave her.

Today the doctor wanted to see them and Khushi and Arnav were in the head of the doctors office sitting down waiting for him since he had something important to tell them.

He entered and sat on his chair and face the couple.

"Listen Mr Raizada....... Your grandmother has defied the time we thought she will die. " Arnav and Khushi smiled hearing this but it dropped as the doctor continued. "But it's not a good thing especially for someone with a serious brain tumour like hers........  If she doesn't wake up..... She could fall into a coma and eventually became brain dead. " This shocked the couple who thought Dadi beating the time limit was a good thing but it was actually the worst.

"That's why am telling you I have to move her a broad for better treatment. " A frustrated Arnav nearly yelled and Khushi rubbed his back to calm him down.

"Mr Raizada...... We are absolutely qualified to take care of her and we have the best doctors in the world here in this hospital..... She will receive the same treatment we are giving her if she goes there but moving her would kill her....... Yes her condition is delicate but I know she is holding on because of you and she will definitely pull through........" The doctor assured him and he sighed.

"Can we go and see her now? " Arnav asked and the doctor nodded and they moved out to Dadi's room.

Arnav sat on the chair closer to the bed and Khushi sat closer to him.

He held her hand and kissed it.

"Dadi please wake up....... I beg you...... Don't leave me in this guilt..... Please wake up and let me make it up to you...... Please wake up and make it up to me for all the lost time. " Arnav cried begging her and so did Khushi who didn't like seeing him all vulnerable.

Arnav cried but stopped and looked at his Dadi's hand and saw her fingers move and looked at Khushi who was also surprised seeing this.

"Khushi..... Did you see that?"

She nodded at him and she gasped and Arnav followed her gaze and saw his Dadi slowly opening her eyes.

Khushi rushed out to call the doctors while a happy Arnav stayed behind holding on to her hand as if his life depended on  it.

They entered and were equally happy seeing her waking up.

They asked Arnav to move out as they  checked on her.

With in a few minutes the doctor came out with a smile on his face.

"She is awake now....... But there is something we found in her medical file just a few minutes ago which can help your Dadi live longer even though she will have to live with the tumor. " He said peaking their curiosity.

"Doctor......What is it? " Khushi asked.

"There is this new drug for tumors like the one your grandmother has, it does cure the tumor but manages it and it has shown quite promising results and we like your to give us your consent to start giving her the drugs. " The doctor said and Arnav and Khushi smiled.