Ch. 59 - Guns And Machetes

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Someone's village is clearly
missing their idiot."

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 59 - Guns And Machetes

▪️J A D E▪️

The following morning when I woke up, I lazily stared at the ceiling, continuing where my thoughts had left off a few hours before.

My heart felt so heavy knowing that today would be the last time I would wake up in this room. The chatter of the voices had started to get louder these past few days and I was happy that I would be attempting my escape today. I did not know how many more days I could have held out before I started to seriously spiral.

On the other hand, I also felt very conflicted.

If I was being honest with myself, a part of me wanted to stay. Deep down, as insane as it seemed, I was enjoying my time with José. The sadist in me was getting off on watching him struggle to remain in control.

Even though I was madly in love with Dominic and was missing him terribly, I wanted the Cartel boss to fall for me. Then, I would use that very love against José to destroy him as payback for all the pain and trouble he had caused to those I cared for back in Aelbank City.

I wanted to make him suffer!

Admittedly, I wanted to stay with José so that I could watch the life drain from his eyes, feel the slowing of his heart until it ceased to beat. He deserved a slow death for all the things he had done, and the more I thought about it, the more I could feel my anger rising.

Unfortunately, my time was up.

Of course, I did not want to leave Cristiano behind. Over these past weeks, I had desperately tried to think of a scenario where the both of us could escape together. However, my mind always seemed to come up blank where that was concerned, which was odd as normally my thoughts were twisting and turning, smothering me with their whispers.

"Fuck!" I suddenly shouted as my fist hit the bed, my eyes watering.

I silently hoped that Cristiano was right and that José would not kill him. It was a gamble, but knowing how things worked in our line of business, the Cartel boss' desire for a continued empire would thwart wanting to keep me as a trophy. But even so, I knew the man would find a way to punish Cristiano somehow, if only to ensure that his son remained loyal to him.

After a few more minutes, I forced myself to get out of bed.

With unhurried movements, I went into the bathroom and took a shower, then changed into one of the black one-piece bathing suits that were in the closet. I figured that it'd be easier to swim through the canal without having to worry about the top falling off.

Taking up my usual towel and poolside things, I made my way innocently downstairs as though it were any regular day. While my face held no real emotion, on the inside, my heart was pounding, a mix of nerves and excitement as I walked towards the back yard.

Roberto suddenly appeared in front of me, blocking my path as he said, "Sorry your highness, but no pool today. We're leaving soon, so go eat some breakfast then go upstairs and change."

Frowning slightly, I dropped my things on a nearby chair and made my way to the kitchen. Taking my time to observe the surroundings, I noted a few bodyguards walking about, their numbers seemingly fewer in the house than usual.

It was obvious that everyone seemed busy and also a little on edge.

"What do we do now? They won't let us outside..." I whispered as I sat next to Cristiano at the rounded table in the kitchen.