16. Cold Hearted Bitch

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           I woke up when people began shouting outside. I rubbed my eyes as I looked around the tent. I was on the inside of the bed this time, meaning I would have to climb over Bellamy to get outside. Which I attempted and failed to do. He woke up as I did so, and raised a brow when I tumbled off the bed and onto the ground.

           "What the holy hell are you doing, princess?"

           Before I had a chance to respond someone shouted again from outside. Bellamy was up and pulling me outside before I could regain my balance. Outside the tent the camp gathered under the starry night, staring up at the sky. Looking up I saw a fiery ball being thrown into the atmosphere. It was a pod. Someone from the Ark was coming down here.

           "Now we can kick some grounder ass." They cheered.

           Bea, Elliot, and Hunter found their places beside me. Bea leaned into my side as Elliot did the same to Hunter.

           "What do you think is in there? Weapons?"Hunter asked.

           "Like the Ark would trust a bunch of underage, degenerate, criminals with weapons." Bea retorted.

           "Maybe medicine or food." I shrug, "I hope it has a radio."

           "Me too, I want to talk to my parents." Elliot smiles sadly, "I'm actually surprised they sent anything down. I thought we were just expendable to them."

           "I wonder what changed." I mutter.

           I watched as Bellamy and a group of people went into the meeting tent. I filed in behind them, along with my group and Octavia as well. Inside the tent we all gathered around Bellamy. I pushed through the crowd to get a better look at everyone, and so it was easier to speak up.

           "If it cleared the Ridge, it's probably near the lake." The one guy said.

           "We should get moving." I say with an authoritative tone, that was not intentional, but I kept it none the less.

           "Everyone's ready." Octavia adds.

           Bellamy glances at us shaking his head, "No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark. It isn't safe." He looks over to his followers who were in the tent, "We'll head out at first light." Bellamy orders, "Pass the word."

           "Everyone for 100 miles saw this thing come down." Hunter said in an agitated tone.

           "What if the grounders get to it first?" Octavia presses, "Bell, we should go now."

           "I said we wait until sunrise." He states angrily while pushing past us.

           "Bellamy!" I call after him, running after him.

           Once I was out of the tent I looked around and Bellamy had disappeared into the crowd. I sighed loudly and trudged toward the gate, without realizing my group was still following. As I begin to open the gate Hunter places his hand on it and shutting it. I fold my arms over my chest and send him a glare.