Chapter 27 [ Friends? ]

Yvonne woke me up early in the morning but that time, I didn't want to and roll myself into the blanket like a sushi. However, the peace didn't last long. Margaret came in and make me get up.

I yawned, mentally complaining to myself but let them bathe me and wash my hair with warm water.

While I was having a great time, bathing in a warm water and fragrance soap, my father is out to the border inspection (?) Without resting.

.
.
.
.

Lie!!!

There's way Ares wouldn't stop for just to shower. My dad is a clean freak and so is my mother. Every time you walk pass them, you could smell the fresh extravagant smell of soap and shampoo coming out of them.

The luxurious smell, the old-fashioned Gucci smell, you could tell they are the rich of the richest even if they're dressed in rag.

Ahh...as their daughter, I didn't born with that natural Gucci smell but at least I got their Beautiful Good Looking Genes, nyohohihiho.

I returned to my bedroom with a huge towel, enough to wrap me from up to down. Margaret placed many dresses for me to choose on my bed.

"What would you like to wear, my lady? It's almost summer now, why don't you wear something thin."

Hmmm, she's right. These days is getting hotter. I would sweat most of the time and would drink a jar of ice tea per day. Aphrodite would showered every once in 10 minutes.

Even if we set up the cooling crystals, it would still feel like we're on a barbeque grill. Sweat kepts dripping and the water and ice kept decreasing. Our energy would also drained away if the sun is too hot.

I should wear something thin, just like Margaret said. Maybe a sleeveless dress or a thin with short sleeve dress.

"If you like to wear something for a hot day, why don't lady Adelliana wear this dress? It's easy to run in and you won't feel suffocate in this."

Yvonne came from behind me with a dress in her hand.

Hmm? I don't think I have ever seen that dress from before.

"Yvonne, where did you get that dress...?"

Yvonne giggles and hand it to me.

"This dress was given by the duke from last year but we never got a chance to show it to you. You got heatstroke last year, and you were dressed too tightly as if it was winter. That's why the duke bought this dress for you."

It sounds sweet but I can't trust Ares' taste in little girl's fashion. He's probably told his assistant to choose whatever-

"Just so you know, his excellency chose it himself."

Or not. Ah dang it. Dad, you better not letting me down, I trust your taste in choosing my dress.

But I don't feel the confidence energy at all!!

I peek at the dress, praying for a better result.

....

God isn't really on my side...

This dress is thin and sleeveless. It's almost like a summer pyjamas. The design is cute but it's almost thin as a night dress ==.

"Do you like it?" Margaret and Yvonne asked with a shining eyes, hoping for a positive answer.

...

I can't destroy their dreams. What can I say when I'm a total simp when it came to them, hoping for my positive answers every time the gifts are bad.

"I-I like it v-very much."

Hah...I'm still a child so it's not a problem but if the aristocrats being a sensitive bitch, I have nothing to say aside from fuck off.

This dress is probably what kids in modern era would wear but since I have accustomed to this world, I've been sensitive to all this kind of thing.

Margaret helped me with dressing although I said it was fine. Yvonne also brushed my hair afterwards.

A lime green sleeveless dress with yellow sunflower pattern designed with a matching hair ponytail, tied with a green ribbon and a pair of light green shoes.

"Uwah, I knew you were always cute but today lady Adelliana is even cuter. Everyday you're getting cuter!"

"Hehe, don't compliment me too much...I'm embarrassed...dummy...hehe."

Awww, if they kept saying nonsense stuff, I'm going to die from embarrassment.

"Lady Adelliana, her grace is done. She's waiting for you downstairs." Yvonne informed me.

I nodded my head and ran downstairs to my mom. Aphrodite was standing in the front hall. She is dressing in a rather youthful and lively style today.

Aphrodite dressed in a aesthetic pastel green with short sleeve. In the middle of her chest was a brown bow with an diamond heart shape emerald brooch. There were many white dots on her skirt.

She was also wearing a pair of brown boots with heels. It was like she's a teenager coming out from webtoon!

"Today my Adelliana is really adorable. Look at your chubby baby skin! Who doesn't want to fall in love with you if they saw you like this?!!"

Aphrodite's beautiful mature lively image was immediately destroyed. She picked me up and twirls around the house.

"Now! Shall we leave?!"

Yes please TT.

On the way to the palace, I took this chance again to observe the lively dukedom. It's feel like forever! I just came out month ago so riding in a strange yet so familiar road felt like hour when it's only 25 minutes.

Before we get off the carriage, Aphrodite hands me something. It was the same emerald brooch she has!

"This brooch has a special magic. It will keep you cool for a day until the mana ran out. Don't worry about getting heatstroke again this year."

She puts on the brooch for me, the middle of my chest where it's also has a bow like hers.

"Yosh! Now I should introduce you to your new friends and your cousin!"

Ah yes, my friend and my cousin....
.
.
.

Whut?

21/10/2020

21/10/2020

Happy birthday to me!!

I am finally reaching the age of 15!!

Hehe, I hope I have another great birthday next year!!

Happy birthday to those who born on the same day as me too >w<!!!!

I hope you're satisfied with these two chapters for now. I promise to update more!!