23 In My Arms

This chapter was requested by: Unicorn_Weirdo12 hope you enjoy!

Dude, how long has it been since we've done this Varian?

I don't know...like a few months?

WHAT?!

Well I've been busy with stuff recently, but we're back now right?

You're not wrong haha, I've missed this, anyway, feel free to pitch in anytime you wanna say something V. V?

It's nothing I just *tears up* you've never let me pitch in while you're narrating.

I- uhhhhhh stop with the weird emotions before I cry.

ANYWAYS-

You look at yourself in the mirror. The gash had quickly turned into a scar and it had only been a week. You lightly touched it, eyes squinting from fear that it was going to hurt, but no. It didn't feel like anything. You sigh in relief since now, you had a badass scar, and there was no pain on your face.

Last week there was a group of criminals that came to Corona. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up being a target for one of them. They tried to rob your precious items, you, like the stubborn person you are, refused and fought back, until finally they had enough.

They had pulled out a sharp knife and struck you from the right of your forehead, down the right eyebrow, down your eye, all the way to the bottom of your nose in a swift movement. But before they could do worse, the Royal guards had shown up.
That's good! Yeah it is V!

You were in a lot of pain, more for the first few days. Ouch. Your closest friend Varian had lectured you about being so stubborn, especially in that situation. You agreed with him just to get him to shut his trap, but you guessed it didn't work. For the past 6 days, he was constantly over your shoulder and the only time you could get alone time was in the comfort of your own home from 9pm to 6am. It wasn't that you didn't enjoy his company because you definitely did, but he was being too overprotective. You had a slight crush on the boy, but he was making it hard to remember why you did.

OOOO BURRRRRN

PFFT DON'T EVEN

As you were inspecting your almost fully scarred scar, you heard a knock on your door. You checked the clock right outside of your bathroom...5:59am. "Varian," you muttered. You heard the knock again, "Coming, coming! Have some patience will you?"

You opened the door and of course, he was standing right there. "Good morning," you said, leaning your arm on the doorframe. "Good morning," he responded, "so what are we doing today?" You furrowed your eyebrows at the boy. He just shows up at your door and expect you to have an activity in mind? Nu-uh. "Well I am going to the market, you can do whatever you want, just don't come with me."

"What? Why?" He pouted. You were about to slam the truth right in his face but you stopped. His face looked hurt and you could tell he meant no harm. "Because...I think you'll think it'll be boring and want to go home. So why not just stay here while I go?" You lied. Varian's eyes widened, "No, I swear it's fine! Anytime we spend together is fun."

You sighed, he wasn't going to budge was he? "I guess that settles it, let's go then!" You say enthusiastically.

You try to walk regularly, but Varian pulls you close to him by the waist. You roll your eyes, but despite that one tiny thing, you convinced yourself that today would be a good day! You waved at the townsfolk as you walked by, but weirdly, they just kept walking trying not to make eye contact.