45

☀︎

Minutes pass with no sign of Rocco returning with my drink, there's something going on here that I don't know of. Grabbing my knife, I walk into the deserted staffs' room, nothing appears to be out of the ordinary. Looking through the curtain the club is hard to read, the lights are flickering and people are dancing aimlessly everywhere. 

No sign of the man who promised me a drink. The bartenders are working as usual and I now know he's up to something. 

Tucking the knife into the holster, I pull my dress down again and try to hide every weapon placed against my thigh. Walking into the public eye, I stride towards the doors and exit the cramped space. This is too stupid, I shouldn't have sought him out. 

My feet carry me down the empty street and into the alley next to The Dungeon and Rixta. 

Who would've thought the entrance to the rink of dealers would be where I murdered Mike?

Spotting the huge storm drain in the back of the alley, I seek it out instantly not wanting to waste any time in this at all. My limbs are working on automatic when I pull it open, seeing the ladder to climb down and I try to take a deep breath of the fresh air outside. 

Not knowing whether I'll return here or not is quite strange, but I choose not to dwell on it for too long. 

If I die, I will meet my family again. 

My foot lands on the first step of the ladder, the silence from the drain does nothing to my excitement to kill the men hiding down there. I won't go down without a fight, they know this, which is why they're seeking me out and hunting me down like this. 

"Eloisa," A smoky and too familiar voice speaks from the other end of the alley. 

Goosebumps dance along my skin instantly, hating that I still react to him like this. Stepping onto the solid ground again, I turn towards the man I've spent almost three weeks running from. His dark hair is perfectly styled, those familiar and full lips of his are too emotionless, exactly like his black eyes that are staring me down with such deep intensity. 

"What are you doing here, Xavier?" I ask him, my voice conveying the indifference to perfection. 

He takes a step closer to me, our distance now about 15 feet. He can't come here and see what I'm doing, I have no clue what he knows about the entrances to the rink of dealers. His black eyes carry mine and I don't dare look away from his gaze, "I was informed of a brunette leaving The Dungeon with murder written in her emerald eyes, it could only be you."

Tilting my head to the side I take a step closer to him, he doesn't intimidate me and he needs to know that, "Let me ask you again then; what are you doing here?"

I hate how my body reacts to him. Being this close to him provokes my needs, the thought of what we did in his bedroom still too fresh in my mind. Xavier seems to be thinking the same, when his eyes storm over in desire and I'm tempted to squeeze my thighs together. It's dangerous how badly I want him. 

"I won't allow you to get yourself killed, amore," He breathes. 

11 feet apart.

"And I don't want you to meddle with my business, Xavier."

8 feet apart.

"You're making it difficult for me."

5 feet apart.

"What am I making difficult?"

3 feet apart. 

"I can't stay away from your business, when you're seeking out a challenge against my father and Dracona. Non posso lasciarti morire," (I can't leave you to die) His voice speaks and my thighs clench together, the Italian on his tongue and our lack of distance, it messes with my head.

1,5 feet apart.

I have no fucking idea how or when we got this close, but his minty breath hits my lips and I ignore the shudder in my body. My eyes are looking into his black ones, he's showing me nothing with his emotions, except for his need for me. My hand tightens into a fist, this can't be happening again. 

"I stayed away from you for a reason, you know?"

He nods, "And you shot me for a reason as well, I don't care about said reason though."

"You fucking asino," (donkey) I spit and take a step away from him, his masculine scent has me enthralled. I won't allow it though. "I have no clue when this change happened between us, but I don't like it. You can't come here and tell me what to do, no part of you has any say in my life, do you get that? My business is my fucking business, it has nothing to do with you nor does it have anything to do with your pathetic mafia."

"Listen," He starts, the frustration shining clear in his eyes, he obviously didn't appreciate me calling him a donkey either. "This has nothing to do with you and everything to do with my father, I can't have you running around ruining the plan I have. If you keep up this act I might have to take you by force."

"I'd like to see you fucking try," I spit at him.

"Don't tempt me, Eloisa," He warns, the danger is clear on his dark voice. 

"You truly do underestimate me, don't you?"

"No, I've seen what you can do, but you haven't even seen the beginning of what I can do. Would you like to come willingly or should I force you?" His words make me feel some type of way, there is an edge to his voice and it only proves how fucked up in the head we are. 

"You try to act all dangerous, and yet you invite me to dinner and dance with me in candlelight," My words take him by surprise. 

"Are you implying that I'm a good person?" He chuckles darkly at me, the sinister tone is a punch to the gut. 

"I believe you're better than one would assume."

"Then you're delusional."

"Touché."

"Why is that touché?"

"Because you truly believe I will leave with you willingly," I tell him and grab a knife from my holster, preparing myself for the sinister look that crosses his black eyes. He clearly doesn't like this, but I don't fucking care. He is completely delusional if he thinks I'm giving up on my plan here.