Chapter Three-I Met a Jerk

It's so amazing when someone comes to your life and you expect nothing out of it but suddenly there, right in front of you is everything you've ever needed.

............... ............. .............

"People usually are born with two eyes to see not to put them in their pocket."

"Huh!" Mew looked at the man in front of him in confusion. What was he talking about and why do his eyes suddenly look so cold.

That man looked at him in anger while pulling him back to safety. Then he slowly stepped back releasing Mew from his arms. And suddenly He was feeling empty somehow. Just a moment ago....he was feeling something else. Something familiar. Something..he still can't describe.

"Do you want to die so badly?" That dark-eyed man asked angrily.

"Huh!"

"Do you not know how to even speak. You already wasted my time"

Mew was getting angry now. "Well, I didn't ask for your time. You should've just let me die if it was such a waste of your time to save me." He looked at the Man angrily.

"I didn't save you for you. I saved you cause it would've been even more troublesome if you just fell down and broke your neck. At least look where you are going. Is that too much to ask. If anything..." That man looked away from him taking deep breaths. This Jerk. Was he controlling his urge to hit him or something? Or maybe he was thinking of pushing him down the stairs himself.

"Just..Leave and for God's sake, see where you're going this time at least. I don't want to deal with injuries this time. I've better things to do than saving you." With that, he left just like that leaving a fuming Mew behind. Exactly what does he think of himself? Rude, Jerk, Selfish, idiot...He kept murmuring to himself while going down.

"Sir, are you going down now?" Suddenly a middle-aged man stood beside him. Mew smiles at his behavior. Such a nice attitude unlike that stupid Jerk.

"Yes. I was actually."

"Well then let me escort you out. You can take the elevator. It'll be faster." The man smiled at him while leading him towards the elevator. He smiled at the man. "Thank you. I was feeling lost already."

"No need to thank me, Sir." He smiled back

Well, at least this company has nice human beings like this man. Not just some jerks who have very captivating eyes...wait..Captivating..no..cold. Yes, Cold unemotional eyes. Maybe he thought there were emotions there before, It was all his illusion. A cold jerk like that..He was sure, doesn't even know what emotions mean. God, He was wishing to never meet him again. Never Ever.

.......... ........ ......... 

Gun was sitting before Gulf with head low down. he was feeling very guilty Now. "Gulf, you know it wasn't intentional. I didn't even know that he was coming for the interview." He was going to say something else too when Cole entered. He was their security head.

"I've escorted the man safely Sir." 

Gulf gave him a brief nod." Thank you, Cole, that'll be all for now." Cole nodded at him in respect then went out. 

"Gulf, I will recommend him to another company. You don't have to see him again." He looked at his friend.

"Does he..." Gulf closed his eyes trying to slow down his heartbeat. " Does he really want this job?"

"Gulf.."

"Give it to him Atthaphan. Just give it to him."

Gun looked at his friend with worry." You were never good at denying him anything before. It seems like you're still the same, kanawut."

Gulf finally looked at his friend and for a moment Gun witnessed the pain flashing in those eyes. So much pain that it was hard to keep looking at him.

"I'm a very selfish being Atthapahan. I only know how to take things from him. Not give." Gulf lowered down his eyes. Seeing him today was bringing back all the memories that he tried to hide for so long now. It was painful. Seeing him but not being able to hug him. Seeing him but not being able to keep him close. He just wanted to keep holding him in his arms. But He doesn't have the right anymore to do any of it. He gave up that right a long time ago.

"Fine!" Gun hurriedly tried to change the topic. Cause  He knew his friend who may seem very cold to others were in pain too. He has witnessed how much Gulf Loved that man. And he witnessed how much it hurt him when he let that man go. "Let's do this the old way. Let's make a bet Kanawut."

Gulf looked at Gun with confusion.

"If I win, he won't work with this company and if you win, we give him the appointment letter. What say?"

"I say...No"

"But.."

"Maybe you forgot that I'm the owner here. If I say to do it then there shouldn't be any argument anymore."

"Are you pulling the boss card on me?"

"Well.." Gulf leaned back at his chair with a smirk. "I'm the boss so I can pull that card anytime"

Gun stood up with an annoyed expression." Fine, I'll ask the HR department to give him the appointment letter." With that, he stomped towards the door and go away.

It only then did he let his emotion come out. The smirk disappeared relacing it with sadness.

"Bet...! He laughed sadly. " Never again. After all, it was a bet that started it all in the first place"

................. ................. ........................

From tomorrow we will go into the past. Exactly what happened in the past that started this love story? Wanna know? Then Vote and comment. Will be back again tomorrow hopefully. Till then Byeeee