» 34 «

These past few days felt lonelier than my first ones at Hogwarts last year. Wren didn't so much as look my way; never mind speak to me.

I've tried to apologise on multiple occasions, but whenever I got close to her, she got up and left whatever room we were currently in without even looking at me.

Vik was ordered to train for the tournament pretty much day and night, and obviously, Alex was helping him do so. I couldn't join them, either, as other schools weren't allowed to watch their training; Karkaroff too scared we would copy them.

That man never liked me, though. I'm pretty sure it was just another excuse to stick it to me.

So, my days were spent mostly by myself. It was rather depressing, to be honest. And while I had Malfoy to keep me company at night sometimes, as we had discussed, it obviously wasn't the same as having my best friend.

It was enjoyable in different kinds of ways.

Today was an exception to that, and it was nice spending some one on one time with my brother. I knew not even Harry Potter could've been stupid enough to enter himself into the Triwizard Tournament, and after he made that clear to me a huge wave of relieve rushed over me.

Still, that didn't make the competition any less dangerous. Neither did it help him in figuring out what the first task was.

"So, have you spoken to Ron?" I asked casually, trying not to catch his eyes.

I didn't have the guts to bring him up earlier than this. But I guessed Harry wouldn't be here if Ron told him anything at all.

"We're actually not really on speaking terms," Harry huffed, his eyes focused on the lake straight ahead of us. "He's mad at me. Acting like a complete idiot about the whole thing. How could he even entertain the idea I'd put my own name in there?" He rambled on.

"I mean, everyone's saying it, Harry," I sighed, putting my hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"Brilliant." A groan escaped his lips, and he let himself fall back into the grass, hands covering his eyes. "That's really making me feel confident about the first task."

I furrowed my brows at the mention of their first task. They haven't been told anything, and Harry hasn't figured anything out, either.

"Is that even fair?" I asked sarcastically, shaking my head as I thought more about the competition. "Not giving you any clues as to what you should prepare for, and then expecting you not to die?"

My brother chuckled lightly, and I was relieved to see the smile on his face again. I could tell the tournament was occupying his mind almost all the time.

And now that I knew that wasn't the only thing he had to worry about, the other thing being fighting with his best friend, I understood why he's been feeling the way he felt lately.

We were both just lost in our own thoughts, not taking the conversation any further, when Hermione's voice pulled us back into the present moment.

We both turned around to face her and Harry got up as soon as he noticed Ron next to her.

Hermione sighed before walking over to us, an annoyed look on her face. "Ronald would like me to tell you, that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid's looking for you."

You've got to be kidding me. I rolled my eyes at the realisation of what was going on and shook my head at Ron's childish behaviour. While Hermione was trying to make Harry understand what she was trying to say, my eyes were locked with the ginger-haired boy behind her.

I gave him a look of disbelieve, and he glared right back at me. The eye contact was only broken when Hermione went back to talk to Ron, silently whispering something to him.

Harry watched the whole ordeal with furrowed brows and confusion in his eyes as Hermione walked back towards us. "Please don't ask me to say it again," She begged, clearly tired of their behaviour. "Hagrid is looking for you," She said before turning towards me.

I threw one last glance at Ron, finding him watching the situation with a victorious smile on his lips. I diverted my attention off of him and onto Hermione as she began speaking again.

"And he asked me to ask you if you've already told Harry why you and Wren are fighting," She said, an apologetic expression on her face as she did so.

My head snapped back into Ron's direction, my eyes filling with hatred for the boy, before attempting to storm towards him. He flinched at my motion, and the smile fell off his face at the same time.

I felt myself being pulled back by Harry, my brother pushing me behind him before I got to beat up his best friend. "Well, you can tell R-" He began saying before Hermione snapped at the both of them.

"I'm not an owl!" She yelled before storming off into the distance, Ron following her soon after.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down once they had disappeared into the forest. Harry was looking at me, a concerned look on his face.

"Come on, I know you want to ask," I sighed after a while of complete silence, Harry probably trying to figure out whether or not to ask me about what just happened.

"What happened? You know, between you and Wren?" He asked carefully, his voice calm. I shook my head, knowing I couldn't tell him what actually happened.

What was Weaselbee's problem? I don't think I've ever felt as much anger as I was right now.

"We're not really on speaking terms, either," I began, and Harry's attention was entirely on me. "It's like with you and Ron; we had a huge fight. But I was the one who messed up," I admitted. Feeling the guilt come up again, I lowered my head in surrender to it. "I don't know why Ron had to be such an asshole about it, though."

That was a lie. He was being such an asshole about it because I was doing the same thing I did to Wren to his best friend. I was lying to Harry about it just like I was to her. And he couldn't even tell him because they weren't speaking.

But why was his nose in my business anyway? He had no right to go telling people what I was up to in my free time. Why did he care, anyway?

Harry didn't say anything, instead just pulling me into a tight hug, and I sighed into his shoulder.

"I'm sure you guys will figure it out," He said, pulling me a little closer and I nodded.

"Yeah, maybe."