Chapter 2

MADISON POV Elena has a boyfriend

MADISON POV
Elena has a boyfriend.

Last night I went to get some water because I was thirsty, obviously, and I saw her talking to a guy.

She used to be with Matty, but I guess she doesn't like him anymore if she's talking to this other guy in the middle of the night.

Once school was over, Elena picked me up and took me to the grille with Care-Bear and BonBon.

I colored on my menu while they talked.

"Well, I was talking to Grams and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over mystic falls there was lots of death, so much blood and carnage it created a bed of paranormal activity."

That is a lot of words.

I looked up from my menu, staring at her in question. What do all those words mean?

"What's paranormal?" I asked and they ignored me, "Rude."

"Yeah, and then you poured grams another shot, and she told you about the aliens." Care-bear chuckled. I smiled, maybe Jeremy will watch ET with me when I get home. If he's home, I hope so, Elena doesn't like that movie.

I wonder if Grams met the aliens? Is she an alien? What if she married one? That'd be cool. Or what if she found one in her backyard like in ET.

"Is Grams an alien?" I asked and they laughed. My crayon rolled off of the table so I got up to go get it before it rolled completely away.

I grabbed my crayon and ran back to the table when the waiter brought over my chocolate shake. I smiled climbing into my chair making grabby hands towards my ice cream.

Bonnie smiled and handed me a straw. "Not even a handshake? I mean, Elena we're your friends ok? You are supposed to share the smut," Caroline told her.

Smut? That's a funny word. I'll ask Jenna what it means later.

"Caroline!" Bonnie scolded looking at me. I smiled as they all looked at me. I decided to drown out their conversation and focus on my ice cream.

They obviously have big girl stuff to talk about.

Caroline started saying some stuff about jumping bones. That's nasty. Bones belong to the dead people. There's a skeleton in my classroom all his bones are dirty and gross. I wonder how tall he used to be before he died and shrunk.

Was he taller than me?

When I die and turn into bones will I turn that small?

Elena stood up grabbing her bags, "c'mon, Bunny." Elena tapped my shoulder. I looked up from my shake confused.

"We're going to a friend's house. Wait here, I'll go ask for another shake you can take." She went inside.

I looked and Bon and Care.