|9|

THE AWKWARD MEETUP

It had been a strange night for the Potters, James and Sirius had stayed up all night trying to convince Lily that Eva Smith was indeed his daughter, Lily was however skeptical but didn't have the heart to put James down.

She hadn't seen him this happy in a long time, Lily remembered how devastated he was when Evangeline passed along with her unborn child but of course Lily hadn't known Evangeline personally so she couldn't be sure.

Flashback [previous night]

"Doesn't she remind you of her Pads?" James asked his bestfriend eagerly as the three adults sat around the table.

"She's you all over mate" he snickered, Lily looked between the two men worried, they seemed to be getting their hopes up and she didn't want them to get hurt.

"Pfft I don't act like that" James feigned hurt.

"You do" Lily and Sirius stated casually sipping their tea. James could tell his wife was skeptical although she was taking it rather well but James knew it had to be Evangeline's daughter, she had her necklace after all.

"Look I can tell you aren't convinced Lils, that's alright but she has Evangeline's necklace" he spoke slowly to stop himself from getting upset over older trauma.

"Not to mention but she's the bulb of her mum" Sirius added.

[End of flashback]

The two bestfriends stood at the front door in Godric's Hollow waiting to say goodbye to Lily. Lily approached the two idiots about to reprimand them.

"Are you sure this is a good idea James?"

"Of course it is, we'll just casually hang around Hogsmeade until she shows up" Sirius smirked thinking the plan was foolproof.

"Won't she think you two are quite strange" Lily questioned.

"Ah but it's the essence of surprise sweetheart, we're very sneaky aren't we Pads?"

"Obviously"

"And plus Remus has been writing to me about her, he says that she and Harry seem to be friendlier with each other now" James smiled hoping that would win over his wife.

"Oh alright but please don't act like a stalker, you better hope she actually goes to Hogsmeade, she might lounge in bed like a normal teenager "

Eva flew down off her broom, she felt happy it had been an amazing practice and she felt as if she had picked out the perfect team this year.

She noticed her broom was filthy and if she was being honest it needed a clean and a polish. She bid the team farewell and decided on a quick trip to Hogsmeade to purchase broom polish.

You'd think that being the only girl on the quidditch team was intimidating but honestly Eva didn't mind at all, the team seemed to generally like her and considering their brooms were supplied by Draco's father, Draco would bite their heads off if they said a word to her.

Eva was rather sweaty but it wasn't as if she'd see anyone in Hogsmeade anyway it was rather early. The village sign came into view and she knew she didn't have to walk much longer.

All she needed to do was go to Quality Quidditch Supplies and she'd be on her way, she was wearing her quidditch jersey and some jeans she had thrown in her gearbag for after training.

The shop came into view and she sprinted to pear into the shop window, the new Nimbus make was out and she longed to have it.

"What a beauty" she whispered longingly.

"Isn't she just?" Two voices agreed standing either side of her, Eva was rarely scared but she felt a bit scared at the moment.

"Right" she muttered moving backwards out of the stranger's way, only to be met with James Potter and Sirius Black.

"Oh it's you two" she exclaimed.

"Fancy seeing you here,Eva" James smiled.

"I never told you my name?" Eva asked cautiously, both men smirked.

"Harry told us" Sirius spilled.

"Did he now?"Eva questioned.

"Harry is quite fond of you" James told the girl not even sure if the statement was true but hoping it would make the Slytherin stay a little longer.

"Is he, he's alright actually" she smiled.

"Brilliant same goes for us I hope?" James questioned.

"Let's see pompous rich gits?" Eva smirked, "was that the correct answer?". Both men erupted with laughter.

"Would you care to join us for lunch Eva?" James asked not realising how creepy it sounded, Sirius visibly cringed.

"Sure" Eva thought it was incredibly odd but would never turn down free food.