Final Fight

Kya and Lin sped through the snow on the skis. As they reached the sight of the blast, more clouds of snow and mist came hurtling towards them. They skidded to a hault once they could see some of the battle.

The spirit of chaos and darkness stood tall next to the spirit portal. Sukara was face down in the snow facing away from him.

Kya grabbed Lin and pulled her down as she began to dart forward. Quickly, she dragged them down behind some rocks.

#####

Without her spirit, Sukara was so weak. It was a miracle she had held on for so long outside the spirit world.

"You are not strong enough," Vaatu bellowed, looking down at the body that didn't have the strength to stand, "you forget, me without you is still the most powerful spirit in existence, you without me is just a dead body."

"Do I look dead to you?" Sukara growled, pushing herself up onto her hands and knees.

"Not far off," Vaatu chuckled, "I doubt I even need to hit you again. I could just leave you there to burn out."

"But we cannot let that happen."

Vaatu turned to see the Dragon bird spirit floating just in front of the spirit portals.

"This isn't your business," Vaatu told the spirit.

"No, it's mine," Sukara spat through gritted teeth as she pushed herself round to face them, "you are a part of me. And you will do as your told."

In one last push, Sukara stood. Her stance was shaking and didn't hold for long, but the Dragon bird spirit caught her. It entered her body through her back causing her eyes to glow gold as it temporarily fused with her.

With new found power, Sukara shot out, sending fire blasts and ice shards straight towards Vaatu. With every blow, Vaatu grew smaller. Shrinking and shrinking until he became smaller than Sukara.

"You've lost Vaatu," Sukara told him, her voice echoing with the Dragon bird spirit, "it's time to behave."

The Dragon spirit couldn't hold on any longer without hurting Sukara. It left her slumped over Vaatu, both of them weak from the fight.

"Come back to me," Sukara said softly, "your home is with me. Your supposed to be with my soul, we both know it's better to be together."

Vaatu gave in. He knew when he was beat. He darted forward into her chest, lifting Sukara off of the ground as he refused with his body. As the Avatar state shone through, Sukara hovered above the ground for a second before falling back into the snow.

Lin managed to break free from Kya's grip on her and ran forward. Sukara was unconscious when she got to her. Lin pulled the avatar into her lap as she checked her over.

"Is she okay?" Kya asked as she reached them.

"She's alive," Lin confirmed, her voice shaking a little.

"She'll be fine," an old woman's voice said making both women's heads whip round, "it's over now. She won."

"Who are you?" Lin asked, pulling Sukara closer to her in an attempt to protect her.

"I'm a friend of her majesty, Empress Sukara," Hata smiled.