-ˋ 78

CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH MCGONAGALL KNOWS

. . .

"What's this then?" James asked, plucking the piece of parchment out of Tiger's hands, sitting down opposite her at the breakfast table. "From your dad?" He continued, and the girl nodded, holding out her hand expectantly. 

The boy passed her the letter back, and she sighed, folding up the parchment and tucking it back into the envelope. "Eggs?" Tiger asked, and James nodded, Tiger passing him a plate with toast and an egg on the top. 

"So what's it about." James asked, beginning to eat his breakfast. His girlfriend frowned, and James stopped chewing, before quickly finishing his mouthful. "To do with your mum?" He asked.

"About the divorce. I'm apparently not needed anymore. It's already in the process." She shrugged. "Thank Godric, I think that I might have offed myself if I had to do something to do with it." 

"That bad, huh?" Sirius said, sliding into the seat next to James. "At least you don't have to go through all of the legal stuff - and just hope for the best right?" 

"Maybe the Astronomy Tower is a good idea." Tiger said, standing up but instantly being pulled down by Lily and Remus, who then proceeded to sit down next to her. "Ok then.. what about your secret stash of firewhisky?" 

She leant forward, balancing her chin on her hand, blinking innocently. However, the look in her eyes didn't match her lips, as the corners curled up into a smirk. Tiger practically stared at Sirius, and the rest of the group turned to look at the dark haired boy. 

"What - what stash?" Sirius asked, frowning. "What is this stash of firewhisky you're talking about, huh?" He continued, and Tiger only continued to smirk. 

"You know, the one you keep in your trunk when it's under your bed?" Tiger said, and Sirius gasped, hand covering his mouth as he pointed at her.

"How did you know!" He half-shouted, before turning towards James, finger still pointed accusatorially at him. "This is what happens when you get a girlfriend!"

"Hey - this isn't my fault." James replied. "It's not my fault you kept the Firewhiskey in the trunk." He rolled his eyes, as a shadow fell over the group. 

"I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that, Mr Potter." McGonagall peered over them. "You might have turned seventeen over the break, but majority of your friends are underage."

"I'll keep that in mind, Minnie." James nodded, and Tiger laughed. "Considering you got dru-" James began to say, and suddenly Sirius was stuffing a bit of toast into his mouth. 

"I shall also pretend I didn't hear that. But I do suggest that you get going to your classes." Professor McGonagall said. "I might be suddenly forgetful about firewhisky, but I don't excuse tardiness."

"Yes Professor." The group chorused. Many of them did happen to have transfiguration, and so, they got up, finishing what they could of their breeakfasts and gathered up their stuff. 

"Miss Howell?" McGonagall asked, still having not walked away from the group, despite her informing them about classes.

"Hm?" Tiger asked, turning around as she was about to start walking away. "Yes Professor?" She continued, a smile on her face as looked up at the woman. 

"Your socks are not entirely.. appropriate." Professor McGonagall looked down at Tiger's feet. "And neither is your skirt length. At all." 

Tiger frowned, lifting up one leg at a time. Rather than her usual tights, she was wearing thigh-high socks with her school skirt (which was extremely short, as usual). They might have been fine, if they were in similar material to her tights. However, they weren't, and they were fishnet, ending with a ring of material around her thigh, and right on the very front was a bow. 

"I like them." James announced, wrapping an arm around his girlfriend, hand landing way too close to the hemline of her skirt. Tiger smacked his arm and he quickly retracted it. 

"Well, Mr Potter, she is your girlfriend, is she not?" McGonagall almost looked ready to roll her eyes. "And however much as you might like them, they're not entirely appropriate."

"But Minnie-" Tiger said, and McGonagall gave her a look. "Fine, my tights ripped on Marlene's stupid nail scissors." She muttered. 

"Uniform doesn't seem to be your strong suit, Miss Howell." McGonagall raised her eyebrows. "I expect you within proper uniform by the time this week is over." She said. "Now get to class, or we'll both be late. And pull that skirt down."

"Yes Professor." Tiger practically sang. "See you in class." She said, as her and James followed her, practically drooling over his girlfriend. 

They would be up in transfiguration by the time she got there, and no doubtedly sitting together. Thank god that Olivia girl had left, and so she could watch two of her favourite students be happy. 

Because in the world that they lived in, they all needed a little happiness. And in Tiger's case, the poor girl needed all the happiness she could get. 

And whilst she didn't know what happened over the break, she was so happy that Tiger had James, and the rest of the group. She had been through so much, and although McGonagall knew that, she had rules to enforce.

And the socks would have to go. But for now, transfiguration class, and dealling with James and Sirius Potter.