The Last of the Fae

Prologue: The Last of the Fae

"Mother! Mother! Don't go! Don't fight stay here with me!" I clutched onto my mother's skirts feeling my light wings flutter behind me.

She just shook her head at me almost begging me to understand. Prying my tiny fingers off her dress she started to walk away towards the battle that was raging outside.

"Stay! Don't leave me alone!" Sobbing now I buried my face into her skirts "Please..." my tiny voice whimpered

     A sad smile crossed my mother's features and she knelt down to my level "Fayette, my little fairy I have to fight. For the good of the people " Her soft hand caressed my face as she let go for the last time. I ran after her as she walked through the door, but my mother locked the door behind me keeping me out of harms way. Banging my fists against the door yelling, kicking, and screaming for only a couple of minutes I heard a uproar from the enemies outside.

"THE KING AND QUEEN ARE DEAD! LONG LIVE HUMANITY! DOWN TO ALL FAE!"

I could feel my knees give way as they repeated those words over and over and killed the rest of the Fae. The men and women of the the mighty empire fell and soon after there children did as well. All I could do is watch out the window of the tower as my loved ones were slaughtered. I Princess Fayette Amelia Alvar was the last of the Fae.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 1: Nature could not protect me forever

     Feeling the wind rustle my hair as my bare feet skimmed the surface of the ground beneath me was the best feeling on earth. The way nature is always around me from the rustling of a mouse snuggling in for the night or the falling of leaves in the Fall I feel like I am a part of something, something bigger than myself. Something bigger then the humans hate and fear of anything magical or supernatural.

     The night my parents died and the night that Fae become more of a legend then a living breathing people was the night I started to appreciate nature. Nature is always there through wars, plagues, and even through fire it seems to triumph through the ashes. I want to be like nature. I want to break out of my seed and break the soil, I want to stand tall like a tree and look out at the sky above, I want to be able to comfort others and protect others, and most importantly I want to be able to rise out of the ashes.

   Ever since that horrible day I have lived in the woods dreaming of a time when Fae will rise again. Even though I know this can never happen, for I am the last, I dream. When my mother left me to fight I question her actions. Did she know she would never see me again? That the fairy's last stand would fail?

A noise broke me out of my thoughts cocking my head to the side I listened. After a couple of minutes I heard it again about ten feet away behind some foliage

"Men look over there for her. I thought I heard something." A gruff voice commanded

"Sir how do we know there is even a fairy alive? Did we not eradicate them all as a psrt of the purge?" A small voice questioned

"The King and Queen had a daughter! We did not find her among the bodies. We need her powers in the upcoming war with the Elves! The only way we can beat them is with one of the most powerful supernaturals by are side! Whether you like it or not we need her."

"But Sir she is not human!" The man argued towards what I assumed is the commander

"Then we kill her afterwards...simple really." I could hear a smile in the commander's voice

I did not wait to hear more. I ran my feet barely touching the earth.

"Sir I heard her! She is running!"

"THEN FOLLOW HER YOU IDIOTS! FOLLOW HER!"

Hearing a scramble of men and armour in pursuit behind me I ran harder. After living in these woods for the past ten years I easily knew my way around, but some of them were on horses and could outlast me. These men were humans, perhaps the same humans that killed my people and they were after me!

.................................................................................................................................................................

Authors Note:

Hey so I am deciding on keeping this story or not so please let me know what you think and if I should continue. Also if you see a grammatical error or spelling error that is bugging you let me know. I need some comments or votes people!I would like to continue with it if possible... Also I would liike a cover for this story and I am going to base the characters looks off the picture for the cover so you can choose whoever you want as long as it has wings. I am going to choose the first cover that meets requirements of the wings. let me know by commenting on the story or sending me a private message! Thanks!

xoxoxo,

Emilestie