71 - The Second Brother

"Ask me later." You instructed Fred, not taking your eyes off Bellatrix as you ran to the front door. Fred knew how badly you wanted revenge on Bellatrix for what she'd done but she was dangerous and perhaps running straight out of The Burrow without a plan of action wasn't the smartest idea but you were doing it anyway. You grabbed Sirius's jacket which your wand was in, threw it on and pushed past everyone to make it to the door. 

"(y/n) wait!" Fred shouted after you but you ignored him. 

Lupin was standing at the door with his arm outstretched making sure no one could get past him but that didn't stop you. Anger took over you as you pushed past your Uncle you ran out towards the laughing woman. Bellatrix was cackling almost proud that she'd taken away Sirius from you and Harry. With a flick of her wand, a ring of fire surrounded The Burrow with a small exit into the marshes. You took your chances. You bolted out towards the woman, drawing your wand and starting to throw spells her way. Harry watched you leave and done the same, the two of you were going to avenge Sirius even if it killed you.

"(y/n) no!" Lupin yelled trying to grab you as you ran past. Your uncle didn't wait either, he ran off after you, drawing his wand as he kept his eye on you. Fred now followed suit, ignoring his parents calls to stay back as he followed you, Harry and Lupin through the marshes. You ran further into the marshes and despite everyone calling your name you didn't turn back.

Ginny watched you all run off and followed in her brother's path, pushing past Arthur and Molly and sprinting through the fire in the hopes to catch up with you but she wasn't the last to run out. George watched the whole thing go down and defied his parent's wishes, following you all out resulting in Arthur chasing after him. 

"I killed Sirius Black!" You could hear Bellatrix yell from out in front of you which only made you run faster. "You coming to get me?" She continued to taunt you. 

You were running so fast you'd lost track of everyone behind you. Slowing down, Bellatrix was now standing in front of you, a smile across her face. "You killed my Dad!" You spat, clenching your wand in your hand. 

"Hardly a father ..." She took a small step back. "He left you for years ... you aren't even blood-related you filthy half-blood -" 

"That means nothing!" You took a step forward, your wand raised. "He still took care of me when my real father abandoned me!" 

"You should join us ..." She changed the subject. "The Dark Lord wants you by his side ... can't imagine why ... but the two of you are related ... ever wondered how?" 

"I'm guessing you know -" 

"Oh I do ... do you know the story of the three brothers?" 

"The Deathly Hallows?" You asked. 

"Indeed ... Cadmus Peverell ... the second brother ..." 

"What?" You asked, your wand lowering slightly, now you knew how the paths of Gryffindor and Slytherin had crossed. Cadmus was the second brother who possessed the resurrection stone and also happened to be related to Tom Riddle.

"Cadmus Peverell is how you have a connection with The Dark Lord, he's related to him and so are you ... your mother had the blood of Godric Gryffindor in her veins and the blood of an heir of Slytherin ... Tom Riddle himself fits into your family tree he may not be a close relation but he's there ... not to mention how your mother was adopted by the Malfoys ... " Whilst Bellatrix was explaining your connection to Voldemort you didn't realise someone else creeping up on you, waiting to attack. "You could have been so powerful (y/n) ... but your Muggle father ruined that ..." She trailed off and started to make a clicking sound almost like a signal for someone. She smirked your way before flying up into a cloud of black smoke leaving you alone in the marshes ... so you thought.