115

Later that day we apparated to the Burrow. Molly greeted us with open arms and clapped her hands which made our luggage fly up into the bedroom.

Every Weasley was here expect from Percy of course. Though Harry was here and so was Hermione.

During dinner that evening, Molly told me that she had invited my family for Christmas as well so they'd be arriving on the 24th and stay overnight.

After dinner, George and I went for a walk in the dark, the snow creaking beneath us. George's hands were stuffed into his pockets but mine were swaying back and forth by my sides.

We weren't saying anything. Just walking in silence but it didn't matter. Our company was always enough for each other.

I felt like a dwarf when I walked next to him among the tall trees. My head reached his shoulder, he was that taller than me. It was nice. Especially when he hugged me. How my head rested perfectly against his chest, his arms wrapped around me tightly.

"How many children do you think we'll have?" I asked out of the blue after having been thinking about it for a while.

"I don't know." George breathed. "How many would you like?"

"Oh don't even give me that kind of power." I laughed softly. "I love babies. We'd end up with three dozen."

"Thirty-six kids?!" He asked in shock, glancing down at me.

"Look at you." I laughed. "Being quick at maths."

"Oi!" He exclaimed when I nudged him with my shoulders. "You sound so surprised my love."

"I am surprised my love."

George chuckled, letting out a long and exhausting breath while he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, squeezing my gently.

"You don't mind talking about this stuff, do you?" I asked. "... children, I mean. It's not like we have to rush into anything. We are only eighteen."

"Do I look like I mind?" He chuckled, shaking his head. "We've talked about it before, haven't we? We both want a big family."

"Five or more children." I nodded. We had talked about it a few times before. George comes from a big family... six siblings and I wish I had more so I didn't have to grow up faster so my younger brother could have someone to take care of him, look after him. "Isn't it weird how so many wizards and witches got married right after Hogwarts and then the following year, had children? It seems like a very common thing."

"We got married right after Hogwarts." He said, holding up his left hand to show the ring. "And I'm very happy about it."

"So am I." I smiled, leaning my shoulder against him. "You'd make an amazing father, you know? Well, apart from the part where you want our future children to blow up our cellar."

George let out a genuine laugh which made butterflies fly through my stomach. I would never get sick of it. Hearing his laugh, being the one to make him laugh.

"We should head back." I said. "It's getting late, I'm getting tired and it's been a long day."

He held out his hand and I smiled as I laid mine in his, letting him lead me back to the Burrow.

When we entered, the familiar cozy feeling hit us. The chatter from the people who loved each other so much was nice. They were my family. The family I had married into. My family forever.

Oh Merlin. Why am I being so emotional lately? George undid my coat as I just stood there and watched the people in the house. It looked like Fred had just played a prank on Charlie who actually found it funny. Bill was talking to Arthur about something, Molly was knitting without magic this time, Ron, Harry and Hermione were all cuddled up on the sofa, talking about something that looked pretty secretive and Ginny was reading a book. Fleur was also here, sitting next to Bill with a hand on his shoulder. The two had announced their engagement and were to marry on August 1st, the day before George and I's anniversary.

I looked up at George when he pulled the coat off of me and hung it on the wall.

"Need help with your shoes as well?" He joked. I rolled my eyes playfully, pushing off my shoes and putting them neatly next to the others.

I said a quick goodnight to everyone before I went upstairs and after brushing my teeth and I went into the room to get dressed to my nightwear which was George's grey t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

I got into bed, snuggling into the covers that had the familiar spell I always loved coming back to when we visited the Burrow during school vacations.

Shortly after I had gotten into bed, the door opened and George walked in. I sent him a tired smile as he closed the door behind him.

"Already half asleep?" He asked and pulled his jumper over his head. He folded it neatly which he had made a habit of because of me.

Once he was dressed in his pyjamas pants that hung low on his hips, showing the line of his pelvis, he crawled into bed with me, facing me.

I closed my eyes as I felt the comfort of having him this close. The bunkbeds were pretty narrow so we always had to lie pretty close to one another, thought neither of us ever complained.

George slipped his hand under the covers and rested it against the back of my thigh, guiding it up and over his hip which made me smile. His fingers slipped a bit under my shirt, drawing circles on the bare skin on my waist.

"Do you miss Hogwarts?" I whispered.

"Sometimes I do." He admitted. "Do you?"

"Hogwarts is my home."