025

july 1st, 2020
11:47 pm

THE MARSHMALLOWS HAD been Joshua's idea after finding out that Ayoluwa had never had one

The two roasted them over the stove using a pair of chopsticks Ayoluwa had found in one of the kitchen.

"I still can't believe you've never had one of these!" Joshua exclaimed in disbelief.

"My grandma doesn't fuck with pork and I don't either really." Ayoluwa replied.

"You made sausage this morning!"

"Turkey sausage." Ayoluwa chuckled, "No jello, no marshmallows, no bacon, no pig feet... Ew."

"But eating a goat is okay?" Joshua furrowed his brows.

He looks cute when he makes that face.

Ayoluwa coughed into her bare arm in an attempt to shake away the intrusive thought, "Yes! Curry goat is one of my favorite foods."

"Ew."

"What do you get when you come to Oasis then?"

"Jerk chicken, like a sane person. You gotta turn it. See," Joshua was rotating his chopstick so that the marshmallow would cook evenly.

"Oh," Ayoluwa followed his example, "I'm only doing this because they're sweet."

Joshua chuckled at her statement, "Aight, Palmer."

Ayoluwa took off the marshmallow when it was a crispy dark brown color and placed it on her tongue.

"Well?"

Ayoluwa swallowed then shrugged, "It's okay. I guess."

Joshua rolled his eyes as he took his marshmallow off of the fire and then turned the oven off.

Ayoluwa poured herself a cup of fruit punch then started to make her way over.

Except she had forgotten that she had left her sandals in the middle of the hall.

Ayoluwa stumbled over them and the purplish red drink went flying onto the leather, staining it.

When she turned around, Joshua was giving her an expression that she couldn't read.

"I can fix it!" Ayoluwa put soap and water on a sponge and was about to scrub it out when Joshua put his arm straight out in front of her.